Sore Throat?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I never thought to ask about this before. But one of my symptoms is sore throats. They are not like sore throats I used to get when I had a cold. Sore throat from colds would last me a few days. But these come on very fast and are gone quickly. For example, yesterday I got one. I sprayed on some Chloraseptic once. By evening I didn't even notice any pain. And today there is none. I also had a sore throat last week. Same thing as this week. It seemed to get better very fast.

Does anyone else have this? Does this give a hint of any course of action or tests I should look into?
  2. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

No. Nobody does a culture. And with my sinus problems, nobody has done a culture in my nose.

The really odd thing about the sore throats is they are so short-lived. I think they don't even seem to last a full day. Very odd.
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi twinofdar

I had a Lyme test but I don't know what kind it was. Probably a standard Lyme test, if there is such a thing.

But I went to the Igenex web site. And I see some choices need to be made. Is this something where a doctor who knows about this test should decide? Or, can you offer some advice?
  4. coolma

coolma New Member

do you have FM? One of the symptoms is spasms of course. But one symptom is an on-and-off feeling of sore throat caused by the spasms in the muscles along the throat. Try a muscle relaxer if you have them prescribed. Amazing, but it sometimes works.

Unless of course, you are coming down with something else and these are warning signs. I had light trickles of a sore throat last week. By Monday I had pneumonia.
  5. jole

jole Member

I have these so often I don't even worry about them anymore. They also hurt up into the eustachian tube of the ears. Usually last a day or two and are gone. I think it's just part of the DD for me, and I just do not go test every symptom I have. Sometimes this will happen 5-6 times a month or more, but don't last long enough to get upset over.

Just my viewpoint - CFS symptom is all.
  6. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Coolma. Sorry to hear about the pneumonia.

I don't have FM. But I'll still see if this seems like a spasm that next time it happens.
  7. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

This is a very common sign of CFS. I get them once in awhile. Just like you, they come and go quickly. Mine are usually when the glands in my neck swell and are sore but they go away as fast as the swollen glands. They are also deeper in my throat than anything caused from tonsils or anything like that. Also I uaually get pain in my ears at the same time. I think mine is just due to the swelling in my neck glands. A classic sign of CFS .....Just my opinion.....Mick!
  8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

with red crescents are a CLASSIC ME/CFIDS symptom. They are often part of the diagnostic criteria and have been since the beginning of the current interest in the illness.

They are worse during the early years. Later they tend to be quite mild can be a great early warning that you're overdoing and will often go away when you rest.

They also tend to correspond to the swollen lymph glands in the neck. Early in the illness the glands are more swollen and the throat is more sore. As the years go by, both of these symptoms become much more subtle.

This is classic stuff. You're a classic!

peace out,
    Rafiki

9. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Feildmouse and I called you "classic" at exactly the same time!

Peace,
    R
  10. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

At least I wasn't to far off in my opinion....LOL....Thats good to know....Guess all my research has at least gave me a little knowledge about all this stuff...."Classic" is a great word for alot of our symptoms....Hugs....Mick!