Sore Throats and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Sep 23, 2002.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

How do you know when a sore throat is part of CFS or something viral (a bug in your town)? I've been getting them a lot this summer and don't know when to just treat it at home or go to the doctor. They did do a strep test last month and it was negative. Sometimes I run a low grade temperature but then it goes away. Achy too.
    Tania
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

How do you know when a sore throat is part of CFS or something viral (a bug in your town)? I've been getting them a lot this summer and don't know when to just treat it at home or go to the doctor. They did do a strep test last month and it was negative. Sometimes I run a low grade temperature but then it goes away. Achy too.
    Tania
  3. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

Anawful sore throat for three weeks and lots of aches. Couldn't even get out of bed.Strep test negative. I think it goes with the territory.I hope you feel better.
  4. xanderlee

xanderlee New Member

I have recurring soar throats and enlarged glands which are part of my CFS. It is to do with the lowered immune system and the throat is the primary area for infection to enter the body...Cold comfort I know.
    I have had my latest sore throat for over a week..It is agony, I am quite low, but it will go eventually. It is usually a sign that you need to slow down a little...I really need to write that in my mirrors, then I might take notice too!
    Hope it helps...
    gaynor
  5. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

If any of y'all are applying for disability, it's a good idea to see your doctor when you have these sore throats. It one of the symptoms that the CDC attribute to CFS, which is what SSA goes by. It's always good to have EVERYTHING documented in your medical history files. It'll help.

Regina
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

If you have strep, you'll know it! There will be no doubt in your mind that you need a doctor asap! I have FM and hypothyroidism and have a sore throat several days a week. We don't know which condition causes it. It comes and goes in spurts. It's real annoying, but never bad enough to see a doctor. From what I've read and seen, it's common in us with FM.

Marilyn :)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are one of the chronic symptoms of CFS. I seldome have them since being on the antibiotics. It's only when a real doozy of a flare catches me that the sore throat will show up. When that happens, I use my zapper and it is usually gone overnight.

Love, Mikie