Sore tongue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanNH, Dec 10, 2002.

1. SusanNH

SusanNH New Member

I am hoping that someone out there in our "village" of FMS people can shed some light on my sore tongue.

I suffer from dry mouth and for quite awhile, it has been very good, not too dry at all. In the last few days, I have had severe dry mouth again and a very sore tongue. My tongue actually seems to have little cuts in it...not open wounds, but almost like a very, very small paper cut.

Perhaps someone has the samething and can help me out as far as what to do about it.

It is wonderful to have a "village" of people here to talk with and share stories.

May your holiday season bring calm and comfort.

SusanNH
  2. SusanNH

SusanNH New Member

I am hoping that someone out there in our "village" of FMS people can shed some light on my sore tongue.

I suffer from dry mouth and for quite awhile, it has been very good, not too dry at all. In the last few days, I have had severe dry mouth again and a very sore tongue. My tongue actually seems to have little cuts in it...not open wounds, but almost like a very, very small paper cut.

Perhaps someone has the samething and can help me out as far as what to do about it.

It is wonderful to have a "village" of people here to talk with and share stories.

May your holiday season bring calm and comfort.

SusanNH
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please do a search of "Previous Posts" for "burning tongue" and you will find a ton of stuff on this subject!
    In my experience, a mega-B complex supplement and digestive enzymes at each meal and a low-acid diet will help. If it persists, you should ask your doctor for a blood test for pernicious anemia, just to be on the safe side.
    Klutzo
  4. SusanNH

SusanNH New Member

Sandy, yes, I have been on antibiotics for a week as I have had pneumonia really bad. I am feeling better from that. The sore tongue didn't start until after I started with the meds, I hadn't thought of that. I will try anything to make my tongue stop hurting. I also have developed a sore throat in the last three days and still on the antibiotic. I hope this isn't a prelude to the rest of the winter. I am not a negative person, but one certainly get that way when being sick on top of being sick...lol.
    Thanks for responding to my help.

SusanNH
  5. 2girls

2girls New Member

Hi Susan -

I get the sore tongue thing too. As you described, it feels like small cuts and also tingles and gets numbish. I have had this for about 3 months along with mouth sores and very tender, sore gums & tmj. It seems to be getting better lately. Although I have no idea why this happens, I find if I drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses per day) and AVOID sugar, the pain subsides somewhat.

Good luck,
    2girls
  6. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Hi, I have the sore tongue a whole lot! Boy is it aggravating! Saturday my tongue was fine and before I'd even finished eating lunch my tongue on the right side was bright red and cut. I have dry mouth too from the drugs I take. I have a glass of water to sip all the time. But my tongue really gets cuts on both sides if I eat too much acidic food. Orange juice especially. So then Saturday, It hurt like mad for about three hours then it was suddenly gone. I guess I really do have Fibro. I'm always wondering if I'm nuts and don't really have it, even tho the rheumy dx'd it. Salt water sloshing does help, it feels good too. Hugs, N