sore

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by weezo, Sep 27, 2002.

1. weezo

weezo New Member

I seem to have oral and vaginal thrush all the time. Doc gives me loz for oral and 4 huge tabs to take all at once for vaginal. The problem is they don,t work. The loz takes away the uncofortable feeling in the mouth but it returns when I stop sucking them. Anyhow the vag thrush didn't get better with the tabs so the doc took a swab to see if it was something else. What I want to know is when he took the swab it was so painful and even now days later I still have this stinging sensation. Could it be part of the FM?
  2. weezo

weezo New Member

I seem to have oral and vaginal thrush all the time. Doc gives me loz for oral and 4 huge tabs to take all at once for vaginal. The problem is they don,t work. The loz takes away the uncofortable feeling in the mouth but it returns when I stop sucking them. Anyhow the vag thrush didn't get better with the tabs so the doc took a swab to see if it was something else. What I want to know is when he took the swab it was so painful and even now days later I still have this stinging sensation. Could it be part of the FM?
  3. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

thrush can be a symptom of impaired immune function and so to answer your question, IMHO it can be attributible to the fibro. There is a very old fashioned and MESSY treatment for thrush (I have been a nurse for 32 years)called Gentian violet (also used as a stain for bioloical slides in labs). Very purple. Stains everything. Harmless. But you swab your mouth and vaginal area (separate swabs please!!) and it will kill the thrush. (Make sure you protect anything you don't want permanently stained with this stuff.) One or two treatments may do it. (Halloween would be a good time to go "purple", because it will stain your mouth and lips for a day)Not all pharmacies carry this and sometimes it's behind the counter. Then you must treat the underlying cause of the yeast by restoring friendly bacteria. Lactaid is good for this and so is yogurt. LOTS of yogurt with active acidolphillus. Don't think I'm nuts, but you can also apply plain yogurt to the vagina (and this is good on your feet for athlete's foot too), let it work and then bathe. Bubble baths are notorious for promoting vaginal yeast infections ... and if you have a partner and they have athlete's foot or jock itch, consider that a possible source. Is this WAY MORE than you wanted to know???
  4. weezo

weezo New Member

thankyou for your reply. I eat loads of yohgurt, no bubble baths, no soap products and do not have a partner. But what really worries me is how much the swab hurt and the stinging sensation. Do you think FM gives you a low pain thresh hold and when I told doc it hurt he looked at me wonky like he always dose when I complain of pain as if he thinks I,m a wimp. But really really it hurt and I'm puzzled as to why. Hurt all over actually but I didn't think I'd hurt so badly there. Thankgoodness I don't have a partner cause I don't think I would be able to tolerate sex lol.
  5. leann_sweeney

leann_sweeney New Member

But if you have thrush and haven't been on massive doses of antibiotics (which is a cause because all the friendly bacteria dies), then you REALLY need to find out why. We spend so much money in this country on symptom treatment rather than dealing with underlying causes. Ask your doctor WHY you have thrush. Make him think and earn his/her money. Babies with poorly developed immune response get thrush, but it is not something adults usually get. (I didn't say NEVER, I said not usually).
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

has really halped me, I did massive doses, went thru some tough herxheimer but it was well worth it. Now I just take a few per day. I did 12 per day for a few weeks in addition to my zapper.

Jaci
  7. weezo

weezo New Member

I asked doc why I had thrush( if that's what it is) and he said "Doctors don"t know everything and why people get certain problem I just don't know". So in other words, shut up and do as I say. Theres nothing I feel I can do as I've been so many docs about FM symptons and this is the only doc who takes a weeny bit of notice. I'm too scared to go somewhere else as I'm sick of being patronised and made to feel its all in my head
  8. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

Weezo,
    Have you tried taking "active bacteria" capsule supplements....like acidophillus, bifidus, etc. I had a year or recurring yeast infections due to a botched episiotomy and I still have to watch it just before my period and if I take antibiotics. I found that taking the supplements (along with eating yoghurt and doing the other things suggested) that I could cure and "head off" yeast infections. I haven't had one since 1990! Hope you get some relief.