Sores in Scalp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jkluver, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jkluver

jkluver New Member

Does anyone with this DD ever have sore or scabs in their head.

I read about the itchy skin with fibro but I didn't know if that included the scalp too.I try to use very little of anything in my hair, but sometimes I need just a little hairspray to hold my hair if I go out or to church.

I hope someone can help me if they have had this also.

jkluver
  2. beachwalkerbill

beachwalkerbill New Member

I had that that scalp thing for a few years. Now it is on the side of my nose. It's worse in the winter when I get so little sun.
    Bill
  3. teacher

teacher New Member

If you don't mind a little natural treatment, try tea tree and/or lavender essential oil(s).

A drop or two on the tip of your finger and rub on the itchy spot(s). Smells good and stops the itch without matting your hair down. Wash your hands when you finish applying the oil. You don't want to accidentaly put your finger in your eye afterward.

Works anywhere on your skin that is itching.
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Sometimes it's the yeast & toxins escaping from our body thru our scalp especially if your taking certain supplements and vitamins.......
  5. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Hi Jkluver,

I don't know if you're experiencing the same thing, but I get dry, scabby patches on my scalp every so often and I have this disgusting nervous habit of picking at it, so it always takes longer to heal.

Now, if I'm not stressing out too much and I can control myself, when I wash my hair, I take 5 minutes to really rub, scrub my scalp with shampoo with my fingertips, concentrating on the scab/sore area. Make sure to only use your fingerTIPS, not your nails.

Then when I condition my hair, I repeat the same process. When I come out of the shower, I put some nice leave-in conditioner and take a comb and run it thru my hair, rubbing my scalp with the comb. Make sure you don't scrape hard with it, just run it gently over your scalp, removing any loose, wet dead skin.

Hope that helps. Oh, and the tea tree oil sounds like a great idea; vitamin e oil works well, too.

K
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

My husband had that problem and the doctor (dermatologist) gave him a cortisone type of oil to apply to his scalp where the sores were.

It cleared up right away. You might ask your doctor for Betamethasone Dipropionate - long name...

That is the name on the prescription.