Sores Inside The Mouth Anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, May 28, 2007.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

For the last month the inside of my mouth has sores on the inside of my cheeks,behind my lips.

My Dr.,gave me Zantac, thinking it was acid, but that hasnt taken it away.Going to try swishing sea salt water, inside to see if it helps.

Has anyone had this happen to them,and is it a symptom of CFS/ Fibro/ ES ???

And if you have it, had it, what were you told to use??

All help Appreciated!!!
    Have a *good* wk!!
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I get recurring mouth sores. My entire tongue and sometimes roof of the mouth and insides of cheeks. They don't look like a traditional cold sore. More like patches of roughness that hurt. My dr said it is herpes simplex 1. He just started me taking an amino acid called lysine. It is 500 mg and he told me to take 6 which seems like an awful lot since the bottle recommends taking 1 daily! When I was at the store buying it, they also had some lysine that you could apply directly to the sores. I haven't tried that but next time I have an outbreak maybe I will. The salt water does help. Hope you get some relief!
  3. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Hi Jordane,

Yes, I get sores in my mouth, on my gums, and on the inside of my cheeks behind my lips. I'm sorry to say the docs can't diagnose it, and don't seem very interested. I'm convinced though that it is from the fibro--it was one of the first symptoms I had.

Good luck,

4. gastitcher

gastitcher New Member

but only when I am taking antibiotics. The doctor says it is a yeast infection.
  5. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I get them too. Like others, my doc never seems concerned about them. She just says they are canker sores. Salt water helps a little but most of the time they eventually go away on there own. I also get sores in my nose and I have discovered that vasaline helps alot. Keeps them soft and moist till they heal. hope this helps a little. {{HUGS}} Mick
  6. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

Me too!
    I have mouth sores and sores on my tongue. I have had them for over a month now and they burn and hurt. It is hard to eat or drink anything. I have been taking Lysine daily, salt water rinses....I take vitamins....I don't know how to get rid of these! Please, if anyone has ideas, please help! When I saw this email it was an "aha" moment for me. Is this connected to fibro? I think it is. I would love to hear any ideas/remedies, this is miserable!I know it is not yeast because I take Nystatin and Diflucan everyday for systemic yeast problems.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 05/29/2007</i>]
  7. MaryH

MaryH New Member

mouth sores - you can buy it in mouthwash form or you could just dilute the oil.

It is also a great antifungal.
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

It seems there are a few people here with them too.I am so sorry you have them!!!

Been rinsing inside my mouth with sea salt/water.It doesnt seem to be doing anything yet.

I go to my doctor next wk, hopefully she can give me something for it.She gave me a cream onetime for canker sores.Maybe that would even help.

Had an apointment with the dentist this wk but have to cancel,my mouth is too sore to have them mucking around inside.

Best of luck to you all, I KNOW its no fun having it.And I pray that you will get something to help yours.I will let you know what my Dr.,tells me, maybe it will be something you can get also.

9. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

10. Pillsick

Pillsick New Member

I have suffered from mouth sores and ulcers for a few years now, my Dentist told me it was due to the Crohn's and the Fibro, ( my Doctor was a bit vague on the subject *sheesh*) he recommended mild antiseptic mouth washes and extra vitamins. It has helped but not cured the problem, I have noticed they gt real bad when I have a major flair up whether its the fibro or the Crohn's.
  11. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

I have had them for years. My doctor recently told me to get chewable acidolphilis tablets at the health food store. They weren't available on the shelf, but the clerk ordered banana flavored ones. Having them dissolve in your mouth is supposed to help with the sores which are usually from an overgrowth of yeast.
  12. i always seem to have the mouth ulcers after ive had a bad flare up of the fever and chronic sneezing,what we call ME/chronic fatigue syndrome.

i always have the red sore throat,but dont always have the sores at the back of the mouth.i think sometimes when i get the sores,it might be due to me losing the sensations on my tongue,then my not feeling that my tea or coffee is too hot,so these sores can be due to scolding my mouth.

but something i get after having bad flare ups is mouth ulcers, on the back part of my lips.

i went out and bought some bonjela baby teething numbs the pain from the ulcer,and after about 24 hours,the ulcer will be gone.

my daughter gets the mouth ulcers too,and recently she has told me that she,s experiencing light sensitivity and she does have sneezing bouts.its been like a pattern over the last 5 month.

i do tell her to go to get checked over by the doctor,but she said no.

she does have pain in her hips and lower back.has pain at the top of the spine.

she suffers from psoriasis on her hands and feet,and i feel she ought to get some advice from the doctor about the joint pain.but as i said,she just says no,and says to me...look how they have treated you mum,they arent interested in our pain,so just get on with living.

kind regards

13. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

have you been checked to see if you have high Herpes simplex1 levels? Also use L-lysine everyday it does wonders

God bless~ Dee
  14. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

My Sister In Law has had sores in her mouth for about 16 years...She told her Dr's about them. They could never figure it out.

About 6 months ago, a family member told her about Gluten Intolerance/ Celiac Disease. Mouth sores can be a symptom in some folks! My sis-in-law went on a gluten-free diet & voila! No more mouth sores! When she has cheated or accidentally eaten something with gluten...the sores reappear!

Just thought I'd tell all of you about her mouth sores. You might want to do an experiment & try a gluten-free diet for awhile to see if it makes a difference. I recently went on this diet & my severe "IBS" symptoms have improved majorly. One of the Celiac sites I visit says that people with Fibro are at higher risk for gluten-intolerance.

15. bellagirlc4

bellagirlc4 New Member

that I get cold sores on my lips and sores on my tongue when I am stressed out. which has been alot lately. I will mention it to my doctor and see what she can do for me
  16. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I feel so bad that you all have this problem too!!!!

Connie; You said you have a Geograpical tongue, Never heard of it, can you tell me what it is?

Pillsick; You have mouth sores and ulcers in your mouth,what are the ulcers??
    You also have crohns, that is a debilitating disease.A cousin of mine almost died from it.I have at least 6 cousins with it.
    I am sorry you have quite a load there to carry.

Greenyeslk; You have had sores for years,and your dr. told you to get acidolphilise,what is it??

Fran; You have mouth ulcers too,like Pillsick, What is the difference between mouth sores and ulcers??
    Do you find that the baby teething jel helps?
    I do think as you,that your daughter should be checked by her dr.,to be safe.

Dee; No I havent checked for Herpes Simplex x1 level,what is it??
    You use L.lysine,what is it,and do you find it helps??

Annie; Your poor Sis-N-law,for 16yrs,WOW!!
    What is Gluten Intolerance/Celiac Disease? How do you test for it??

Bellagirlc4; Yes the cold sores come out when I am stressed also.I use Zovirax 5% cream.
    You get it from your dr.There is also a pill she gave me to take as soon as I feel the tingle on my lips which tell me I am getting a cold sore.
    The pill is Valtrex 500mg's

Thankyou All for posting,I have learned of a few things I never heard of before.

17. marmayer

marmayer Member

I had terrible sores in my mouth when I was herxing-had started diflucan and they lasted about 3-4 months!!!

Once the candida issues were cleared up the sores went away. I used a baby oragel or something similar to ease the pain. Good luck!

18. tandy

tandy New Member

and never really associated it with Fibro.
    All 3 of my doctors did'nt seem concerned enough to give me an answer as to what they are from.(must be just as dumb as I am? LOL)

I've been getting small sores inside my mouth for over a yr. Sometimes they hurt,..sometimes I just know they're there when my tongue finds em. What the heck are they??
    Mine almost seem to have started soon after havinga root canal? coincedence maybe?
    I also have dry mouth w/ no reason. have been tested for sjogrens.(neg) like everything else,...yet I still have symptoms. learning to live with it all,...
    and it sux.
    I'll keep an eye on this post for suggestions.
    Thanks for all the info here. Good post Jordane~
    forgot to add: I get some under my tongue on occasion too.
    weird huh?
  19. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

I think the blsiters in my mouth are herpes (cold sores on the tongue). I called my DR today and left a message because I can't stand it anymore they hurt and burn. I have been putting tea tree oil on them to sooth the pain. These are very miserable I wouldn't wish them on anyone, and they won't go away they move from one area to another! My Dr told me last month that they may take awhile to heal due to my immune system being so bad but this is getting ridiculous! I am hoping he will give me Valtrex or something similar....

You are all in my prayers to get better too!!
    Wyatt's mom
    They are not herpes according to my DR. They are ulcers, and in Cymbalta users there is a 1% chance you will get mouth ulcers.<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/20/2007</i>]
  20. hi all,

just to answer jordane and others.

the difference between the mouth sores from scalding my mouth.and the ulcers is.

the burns from hot drinks are like large blisters on the roof of the mouth,i had a large one near the back of my mouth last was white,like a burn blister.

another time ill get red small patches near the back of the mouth,near the not sure what they are due to.

the ulcers on the backs of my lips are very small,sort of a blister but tiny,they look different from the burn type blister,not as white,and ill get pain bad.

the baby teething gel definately works for me on the ulcers.i dont put it on the other mouth sores,as im not too sure what they really are,but think its burns from drinks.

the baby gel numbs the ulcer pain and then next day the ulcer is gone,but the mouth sores from burns stay a few days.they dont hurt like the ulcer does.

my daughter had allergy tests done in hospital a few years ago and nothing showed the doctor said,thats great news,but you do have psoriasis,on your hands and feet.her toe and fingers nails drop off too.

i feel my daughter has the arthritis too,but she wont seek help.

i do feel that theres something in our tap water that hurts the inside of my mouth,a chemical.

but i wont buy bottled water as i dont know anything about its contents,or even where its from.

im wondering if i should try and save money up to buy a water filter,but im on a tight budget just now.

kind regards