sorry about this intimate question but i gotta know

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bkayisme, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bkayisme

bkayisme New Member

i am really sorry to ask this but i hope there is someone who is understanding of this one. ummm kinda embarrassed but hereit goes.... ok well with fm there is lotta pain and i have lotta symptom of parkinsins havent been diagnosed its been one year for pd umm m ok i have no libido and i have tried for my husbands sake but theres alott of pain not just legs arms ets. but you know "pain" like razor sharp is there other women or spouses that go through this? if so are there tips? Like i said i am so sorry for this question but it has been a problem that i see no answers online and i calledd a fm numer and the lady had no answer. please forgive me.
  2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i am embarressed to say i havent been able to have sex with my dh since 94. now thats is a long time ago and i have just turned 52
    but he not long after got a back problem,,,:)
    SO THAT WAS KINDA GOOD FOR US..HA HA!!
    I DONT MEAN THAT REALLY FUNNY FUNNY,
    BUT THERE WAS NO WAY HED GO OUT ON ME, AND SEX WAS THE LAST THING I EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THE PAIN WAS SO BAD.
    YES I MISS IT
    , BUT NOW THE DR TOLD ME THAT MY TISSUE DOWN THER IS SO THIN FROM THIS HORRENDES ILLNESS THAT IT WOULD BE TOO DANGEROUS,
    ,, HE WAS SCARED TO EVEN DO A PAP!
    ANYWAY I SURE AM SORRY.]
    I KNOW YOU KNOW ALL THE OTHER WAYS, BUT I DO MISS THE CLOSENESS PATRT- YOU KNOW.
    WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 34 YEARS NOW.:)
    opps, didnt mean to go big there, durn, fibro fog fingers!!!
  3. jkluver

jkluver New Member

I feel for you.I was told me mine was interstial cystitis. I'm not sure though, I would like to be refered to a school of medicine.The best thing that I have found that helps is where thermal underwear under your long pants and keep your self warm there.Also I use a rice heating bag between my legs.It's been a long time since my husband and I have been able to be intimate.For a while he didn't understand and it made it very hard on our relationship but once the doctor explained it to him he's very understanding and I'm very fortunate that he is understanding.We will be married Oct 19 20 years.
    You might ask your if your gyno can't help to refer you to urologist.I had a procedure that I had done where they put you to sleep and take a a scope and look up into your bladder to see if it is inflammed and if they see it is they put medicine in it to take care of it.I went to a urologist and they did this.I also do not bathe in anything but water and use soap with no dyes or scents such as cheer to wash my clothes,even no dyes or scents fabric softener.Plus wearing jeans may cause it too because of the dye and if there little tight.These are jsut some of the things I've done to try and relieve the pain.
    I was surprised to hear the number of women that have this even without fibro.
    I'm sure though your doctor will be able to help you.I just know how frustrated you feel.
  4. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

if any herbal medicines would help?
  5. bkayisme

bkayisme New Member

wow thank you soooo much everyone i am so glad i was finally able to ask i got a lot of great info and it is time for a gyno check up so i will be asking. its actually a relief to find out that im not the onlu one out there with a problem like this, no offense ladies i dont wish tis on any woman but im glad im not extremely abnormal if you know what i mean. thank you all very very much.
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You will find that you're NEVER alone with any kind of problem on this board.

No matter how embarrassing, strange or odd a symptom is there is always someone on the board who has experience with it.

There are many things that can cause the problems that you're describing so I'm glad you're going to discuss it with your doctor.

Hugs,

Nancy B