Sorry, hit the wrong key.... So here goes again................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jstbrznby, Jul 17, 2003.

1. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I am having a lot of trouble with dehydration, cotton mout even, has anyone else had this trouble? Does anyone know why or where it comes from AND even better, what can I do about it? Please, I would so much appreciate some help with this, just one more thing to add to this wonderful delima of CFS-FIBRO thing. Thanks so much, Hugs..................Pam2
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Are you drinking at least half your body weight in OUNCES of water a day? If not, please start now. Also all sodas, tea, coffee with caffeine cause dehydration.

You will also need salt in your body, take a quarter teaspoon of salt through out the day too.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

but I do keep increasing my water and salt. I find I need to keep water with me at all times and just keep drinking smaller amounts but at very regular intervals. Hasn't solved the problem but it helps. The more I need water the more it just seems to pass through me, but increasing my salt as the temp goes up slows it down a bit.

Worst thing for me was doing a 24 hour saliva test 2 days ago, boy was I glad I was alone at the time, it was a nightmare. Rather have a needle any day.

I will be watching this post with interest hoping someone comes up with other ideas.

Cheers

Tansy
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I did that one about a year ago for hormone testing and the spitting was enough to make me gag. I just can't spit very well!

Marilyn :)
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

do another saliva test!!!
  6. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I was so wondering if this was something weird but as always sounds like it is just another symptom,eh? I don't take anti depressants and I do drink a lot of water, but hadn't tried the salt so will give it a try! Thanks so much.....HUGS to everyone, Pam