Sorry I am making ppl in the depr chat not come anymore

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by sweetgirl, Nov 5, 2003.

1. sweetgirl

sweetgirl New Member

I am really sorry everyone. I am the girl who goes on and on about my ex bf who was and still is emotionally and verbally abusive to me. I know that I am makign people, some regualrs not want to come into the depression chat anymore because of me. Some one told me tonight that other peopel were saying that the chat was suppose to be about REAL problems. I am sorry but I am 21, and at my age, this is my real problem. I go to school, sometimes work, but I don now have a husband or kids yet. In my world at this time, my problems with my relationhsips are the ones that are hurting me. I am sorry this has been going on for about 2 months. Please come back, I am sorry I am always coming here to talk about how his abuse hurts me so much. I wish I could understand and relate to your major depression problems, anxiety, and other relaly bad problems, but for now, I can only see and understand what I have. Please come back to the depression chat. I hope I didnt offend anyone. I am sorry I was annoying or whatever,sweet girl
  2. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

It is very big of you to apologize, though I do not see the need. Those who think your troubles don't compare to theirs may or may not be right, but that's makes them no less important to you. Being single and without children you are the most important thing in your life. Keep it that way!
    Take good care of you! Having been in an abusive relationship years ago (actually a couple) I understand what it can do to your self esteem and your whole life.
    Stay strong and put yourself and your well being ahead of any man's. You will one day attract a real man worth your love! I sure did, been married to the best man for over 10 years.
  3. HLT

HLT New Member

Hey,

Just in case you don't know, there is a national domestic violence hotline you can call to get help and answers: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) - advocates are always there to answer the phone and they can answer any questions you have about your relationship concerns - or even just listen. Good luck. They also have a website: www.ndvh.org or their other one: www.makethecall.org

(also, I don't know what the extent of your situation is but email and message boards can leave "footprints" on your computer so if it's at all an issue that he would check your computer and see that you are talking about this and potentially freak out on you, you may want to use a 'safer' computer - at a library or such, to protect yourself).

As far as bothering people on this message board, don't worry about other people - you will never please everybody and they can take care of themselves. You're a much bigger help to yourself and others if you do what you need to get 'ok'. If you always worry about everyone else, you'll end up tip-toeing through life. It's good to be compassionate for people, but not at a cost of not being able to be human yourself. Hang in there. Things can and do get better. :O)
  4. faigele

faigele New Member

There is an abuse board here. We are all very supportive of each other and have actually helped one member leave her abusive mate. Come and check it out. Fern