Sorry I am so needy right now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CinCA, Mar 6, 2006.

1. CinCA

CinCA New Member

And I always write a novel about everything. I just have no one to talk to and a lot going on. But so do so many of you here.

I really appreciate everyone's help and support. I certainly don't get it from anyone else, honestly.

Thank you, and I am so sorry I'm in a bad flare CFS-wise as well as having a really hard time with this recent move. I'm fighting a cold, really tired from hubby's travels/long hours (single mommy-ing it a lot) and bad attitude, and just being so isolated, plus all the newness of a place I do not want to be in is really getting to me. I really need to do something to fix this, but I don't know what. I hate being so miserable and needy like this.

Thank you so very much.
    C.
  2. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling alone and isolated. Must be
    overwhelming being in a new place. Just try and take things one step at a time. It will get better.

Using this board will help in not feeling so alone. We all
    want to hear from you and we care!

Take care of yourself and keep your chin up....brighter days are coming.

Maribelle
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I don't post a lot but I wanted to tell you that I have read most of your posts through all of this move and have felt so bad for you. You have way to much to deal with right now and all alone to boot, with hubby gone all the time. I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know someone in Ohio says a little prayer for you.

I hope you visit goes well with your mom, I sure wish you could lean on her as it should be.

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cinca:
    You are needy for understanding and compassion. You have got it from me. The isolation and problems sometimes loom large above and around me. So, I make it a point to get here. Such a wonderful group of people. And you are one of them.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Had it yesterday. Bopy it sure is a bummer. You can write here, don't feel you should say sorry. You are OK kiddo! This is the only place I have freinds who understand too.

Love Anne C
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

People at church will usually help you out, but only if they know you are needing help. I hope you'll think about going...maybe not every week, but when you feel up to it. It can be a great way to be part of a new community. I hope you get over your cold soon! Love, Terri
  7. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Wow...I couldn't believe how many wonderful responses I got. It means so much!

Well, 4 y.o. daughter did let me sleep in a little...woke me up around 6:45 or so. Even did the touch my face, "Wakie, wakie, Mommy!" which is annoying when I am tired but also so very cute! She really does try to take care of me when Daddy is away, when she gets her way about things, that is! :) But hey, her willfulness will hopefully serve her well in that cold, cruel world of ours someday, so I try to just "temper" it appropriately.

As for a church, have thought about it, and did a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group at a local church last year, on the recommendation of a friend. It just wasn't for me, and I never did hear from any of them when I stopped going this year. Interesting how that all works.... I am quite private about my religion, and while I do pray for others, I question a lot of things for myself right now. Honestly, I find it hard to reconcile the large amount of people I've met who talk the talk but don't walk the walk, if you know what I mean. In many ways, a church environment is just too big, structured, and just one more thing I probably will be late to. Also, we are not renting close to where we want to buy, so in some ways, I don't want to get that tight with people since we won't be here long-term. But we will be here at a minimum 18 mo., which is what our lease term is, and we won't be settled into a home of our own for several years. That is, if our old house sells and we get a good price for it, so we can afford to build something. The way things are going, though, I am not even worrying about that as so many things are in flux right now.

Yes, floating for awhile does sound nice, and I am trying to do that, but I am a very bad floater, both in the pool and in life. I am so the type-A take charge kind of person, try as I may to change my ways and mellow a bit. I'm trying, though.

Thank you so much! Today did dawn brighter (at least yesterday's rainstorm has moved on), although as always, too early, and I have a lot to do this morning before trekking to LAX to get my mom. My daughter wanted to stay home from school so she could come too...she is at a very cute age in many ways. I have a pic of her when she was a baby (with our cat...pet photo) in my profile, if anyone is interested. Hey, I may be sick and feeling crummy a lot of the time, but at least I have a cute kid!!!:)

And re: the cold, even though it's moved more into the drippy throat stage (fun), I do feel better, despite getting barely any sleep last night. Hopefully my mom can take my daughter to the park this afternoon so I can nap for an hour or two.

Oh, lastly, sweetpotatoe...thoughts, prayers, and ((((hugs)))) to you! You are in such a tough place, and I hope you find strength, and answers.

Thanks so much!
    C.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

We understand neediness. You're free to need us here.

I never do well when I move. It is such a stressful event and it is so displacing and isolating as you said. I go into a depression every time. Even if it was a move I was looking forward to.

I have asked my mother to look into some good docs for you. She know a few people with fm out there and one friend of ours has a great endocrinologist as well if you have those issues. It will take a few days but I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on it for you.

I grew up in Newbury Park and then Moorpark. As an adult we owned a home in Oxnard. I know the area very well. There are some soothing places to go. If you like the beach you are not far from some nice quiet ones.

Another thing you can do to rest is take your child to the Oaks mall play area and just sit. There are always a lot of mommies there and I used to get a Tea latte from coffee bean and tea leaf and sip it while I sat. My kids loved it and I didn't have to move or think.

The other areas are the parks. I don't know where you are but Dos Vientos in Newbury Park is a huge family developement with many parks. Also Moorpark has a lot of parks. I do the park thing a lot so the noise is outside and less penetrating and I can rest.

I really hope it starts to ease up for you. I do believe it will get better just from my own personal experience with moving.

Sofi
  9. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Hope you are having a good day! Did any of our rain ever make it over the mountains to you all?

Thank you so very much for talking to your mom. I have CFS, by the way, thankfully not FM, but I still so appreciate any recommendations. I live in between Newbury and Oxnard, down the hill on the 101. We're renting here and plan to get much closer to the coast, SW of here, when we buy/build (saving our pennies, lots of pennies). Living inland is hard as I've only lived in little beach towns in O.C. before this...big change...and we were in our little, comfy house for 8 years. It is so different up here, although it sure is nice to see hills without houses on them for a change!

Hope things are working out with your move (how long have you been in AZ?) and you also are finding good healthcare.

Take care, and thanks for your reply! Oh, my daughter just colored a little Dora picture for me (after making one for Nana, who we pick up in a couple hours). She can be so cute!!!
    C.