Sorry not been in for awhile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reiki, Dec 14, 2005.

1. reiki

reiki New Member

Hello everyone
    Sorry not been in for awhile. I had a really bad flare up of Fibromyalgia for the last month of so, I know we are in constant pain etc all the time, so when I say flare up I mean when it seems to hit you every where even in the face and around the eyes, that' when I find it hard to cope. During this period I got very low, very tearful and really fed up with it all. But now getting back to normal again ( well if you can ever be normal with this). I do have a question though, while I have been so bad I decided to try and de-tox the body which I did, by just drinking boiled hot water for 3 days and nothing else, then I started to introduce some fruits into my diet for a week with the water and nothing else, and then veg and this week have have tried a dry grilled pork chop and a few other things, now I am finding that there are so many foods and beverages that make my pains and swelling worse. And at the moment I can only eat bananas, dry chop, broccli, sprouts and drink flavoured water, as everything else I tried either makes me feel really ill, or comes out either end. Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening? I know this sounds really strange but not eating very much seems to be giving me more energy and less pain and swelling.
    I look forward to reading any replies. x
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

reiki:
    It does sound puzzling. For me, I had food allergy testing done and it only came back with one food: eggplant (one of the Deadly Nightshades: bad for arthritis).
    If you have a FM doctor, who is open to listening to you, why not make a call and go in for a check up? If you do not have a really good FM doctor, I would go shopping for one.

In the meantime I hope you'll add in a good daily multi-vitamin. It might make up for some of the things your body might need. Just a suggestion.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. reiki

reiki New Member

thank you for your reply....
    any advise what daily vitamin to take
  4. maggie3030

maggie3030 New Member

I'm sorry you've had such a rough patch. I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted you to know I care and will include you in my prayers.

maggie
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Glad to here you are feeling better. I'm new to posting on the board. I've read it off and on for several months but have found how helpful it is to share your experiences and more important learn from others. I've thought about detoxing but the closest I've come to it is using Ultimate Cleanse and Liver Detox. I don't know the proper procedures to detox. Did you have a protocol or just wing it?

Susan
  6. reiki

reiki New Member

Hi Sweetie...I just follow instruction from hubby as he had to do the same thing a few years ago for his arthritis in his ankle and he said it really did help. But he was able to eat most foods again straight after, this I am finding hard to do.
  7. reiki

reiki New Member

"Bless you Maggie for your reply and thank you for you kind words xx
  8. tansy

tansy New Member

I had many food intolerances, some caused GI tract symptoms others made global symptoms worse including my pain levels.

Treating leaky gut, then the specific carbohydtrate diet helped even though I had to avoid some of the foods. What I discovered more recently was how some food groups made certain sympotms worse and that whilst I have been able to increase my complex carb intake, it still has to remain relatively low. Carbs lower my energy levels and large meals do too.

Another thing that helped me was getting my inflammation levels down, lowering my pathogen load, and using immune modulators.

Do you take digestive enzymes? They are often low in these DDs. Some health professionals believe restrictive diets lead to more food intolerances, digestive enzymes may help counteract that problem.

Good luck

love, Tansy
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Reiki:
    I take Atkin's brand, generic version I should say, available at most vitamin shoppes or online at
    the Vitamin Shoppes site.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I just checked my cupboard. The brand I use that is generic Atkins in the Vitamin Shoppes and are called 'One Daily'.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan

[This Message was Edited on 12/14/2005]
  11. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Fasting seems to be the subject of the day. I became interested in fasting several years ago, before I knew that my health problems were caused by CFS. I learned that fasting was not a good option for someone such as myself who has low blood sugar, unless you can afford to do it under a doctors supervision.

However, I did learn that preparing for and breaking the fast properly are very important. Prior to the fast, types of foods need to be removed from the diet in a particular order. After the fast, foods need to be re-introduced in specific types and quantities. I had two books on fasting. One said that that fasting without a proper pre-fast would do more harm than good. The other said that it was better not to fast at all if you were not going to break the fast properly. At least one of them thought that a water fast was too harsh. They also both said that a person should start with a 1-day fast and gradually increase the length of their fasts.

Going straight from your normal diet to a 3-day water fast, then a week-long juice fast may have been quite hard on your body, particularly if this is the first time that you have fasted. It may take it some time to recover.

It also sounds like you could have some food allergies. There is an "Elimination Diet" that can be used to identify food allergies.