sorry to ask again, but I need prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sarah, Jun 30, 2002.

1. sarah

sarah New Member

My friend Simon and I are having some problems which we've had for a long time and we can't seem to resolve, although things are getting a bit better. He is a minister and phsychologist and he is being patient but we can't talk things through properly. Some things are too difficult. The problem is that I have been going to see him on a professional basis, but the relationship has changed naturally and unavoidably. I'd normally talk to him about any difficulties, but because they involve him, I can't. Please could anybody pray for me about this as it is very much affecting my CFS etc.
    Thank you and God bless
    Sarah.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sarah, well be praying for your request. You and Simom may need to speak to someone who is objective, then you may be able to talk together about your issues.

I will keep you both in my prayers, and that your CFS improves also.

God Bless you,

Shalom, Shirl
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Dear Lord, I praise You for bringing Sarah to this Board seeking. I pray that You give Sarah and Simon the guidance that is needed in this situation. Your Holy light is needed to show the path that they need to walk and to help them to understand. In Your name I pray this to You. Amen.
  4. sarah

sarah New Member

for your prayers and ideas. I am seeing him tomorrow.
    love
    Sarah
  5. sarah

sarah New Member

Your reply came while I was writing one! Thank you to you for your kind prayer. Will see him tomorrow.
    love
    Sarah
  6. VERLEE

VERLEE New Member

I'LL PRAY FOR YOU GUYS. SEEMS LIKE ALL NEW RELATIONSHIPS HAVE THEIR TRIALS AS WE LEARN TO DEAL WITH EACH OTHER, LEARN TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER, AND LEARN MORE ABOUT OURSELVES IN THE PROCESS. YOU SAID THAT SIMON IS A PSYCHOLOGIST - THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE CAN AUTOMATICALLY WORK HIS OWN PROBLEMS OUT. IT IS OFTEN VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH OUR OWN RELATIONSHIPS EVEN THOUGH WE HELP OTHERS EVERY DAY. MY HUSBAND AND I OFTEN HELP OTHER COUPLES, BUT THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES LOOKING BACK THAT I CAN SEE WE COULD HAVE GREATLY BENEFITED FROM A COUNSELOR HELPING US WITH OUR OWN RELATIONSHIP. AT THE TIME, WE WERE NOT EVEN AWARE OF ANYONE TO COUNSEL WITH (A CHRISTIAN). WE DID GET A LOT OF HELP FROM GOOD CHRISTIAN COUNSELORS THROUGH BOOKS. YOU MIGHT TRY GOING THROUGH A BOOK ON UNDERSTANDING EACH OTHER (LIKE GARY SMALLEY'S BOOKS) OR A BOOK LOOKING AT WHAT MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD LOOK AT BEFORE THEY THINK OF MARRIAGE. MY HUSBAND AND I DID NOT INTEND TO GET SERIOUS, BUT WE DID PHYSICALLY. WE FELT THAT IT WAS GOD'S WILL FOR US TO MARRY. WE DID AND THE FIRST YEAR WAS HARD, BUT SINCE THEN, IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER (13 YEARS, NOW). YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS WWJD?
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am sending up a prayer for you, but something is bothering me about this whole thing although it is absolutely none of my business. It is unprofessional and unethical for a therapist to develop a relationship with a client. Perhpas it is for this very reason (the problems you are now experiencing) that therapists keep their professional lives from crossing over into their personal lives. In any case, my prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  8. sarah

sarah New Member

thanks for your prayers. I'm glad your marriage has been getting better and better. We resolved a few things yesterday.
    love
    Sarah
  9. sarah

sarah New Member

to you Mikie for your prayers. I feel optimistic that things will be resolved fully.
    Thank you for your concern.
    love
    Sarah