Sort of dark inside

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Michell, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Michell

Michell New Member

I feel really awful inside. I cry out to God and pray and read scripture, go to church, just be still and wait before Him. But I have so much ongoing sadness and pain inside. It feels black and lonely and life is not as meaningful as I think He would like for it to be. My entire life has been hard mostly, with a few good times, and I just want to feel good emotionally and even physically again. I'll take just the emotional for now. The good times seem so very far away. This season of hardship is so long. I know life is hard, but I feel like I deserve a break. I hesitate saying that though, because God is so good to me, so much more could go wrong. But I can't help how I feel. He used to 'show up' in special ways to show His love. Faith is there, and I know He's there, but it seems like I have been asking and asking for so long for Him to help me. March 3rd is my 10 year born again Christian anniversary and I hate to reach it feeling like I have for months and months. Maybe underneath it all He's changing me, scraping out the bowl, refining~again and again. But I am used to seeing results and encrouragement more often along the way. I ask for your prayers. I really really need them. My mind is struggling, my heart is heavy, my body hurts and I don't know how much more I can take.
    Thank you for listening
    michell
  2. sweetiepie

sweetiepie New Member

Heavenly Father, I thank You for leading Michell to us. I ask that You gift her with Your grace and peace. Please show her that Your love has no bounds and guide her from the dark place she is inhabiting. Your glory and Your never ending love is needed for Your child Michell. I pray that You may fill her with hope and joy. In Your awesome name, I pray this to You. Amen.
  3. Michell

Michell New Member

I just wanted to say thank you. Please continue to pray if you think of it. I appreciate your taking the time to comfort me. love, michell
  4. Revella

Revella New Member

life does get dark and dreary sometimes. That's because Satan wants to steal the joy of your salvation. I think when he gets us down, and believe me I understand being down, that he gets so excited. But even though he wants us to be miserable, we can overcome him through faith in God. God doesn't always answer the way and time that we want Him to, but he always answers. Sometimes the answer is wait.
    We will be praying for your peace and an uplifting of your spirit.
    Revella