Sort of down today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbey23, Oct 13, 2005.

1. abbey23

abbey23 New Member

Hi guys! I have been taking the 5-HTP for nearly a week--50 mg twice a day--Today I just feel down because so far it is not helping with the pain---I know, be patient and give it some time--I am trying, I promise. I am just home all day with my children and try to exercise daily--and today everything is just taking it's toll on me--I feel sad and dwon--I am sure it will go away--here in TN it is beautiful outside and my children are great--my husband is my best friend--so I know I have a lot to be happy about--I am just sad--thanks so much for listening--take good care everyone--

abbey
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Wow, I am here in Tn. too and it is a beautiful day here isn't it? Still, when you are feeling down and frustrated, even a beautiful day does not help that much.

I pray that the 5-HTP begins to kick in and work for you soon. If not, don't give up. There is so much to this DD that it is often a trial and error situation until we find something to give us even the slightest relief. I really hope you find something that will help you very soon!
    ****Just Another Tn. Volunteer****
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

could the sadness be a side effect of the 5-HTP?

I just tried a new med for three days and became very down, unlike myself. As soon as I stopped it the sadness went.

love
    Rosie
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm sorry that you're having a bad day. It's not like I have any great suggestions...I just feel badly that you're having a tough time of it. Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing everything right.

Pain can make you pretty grumpy, I know that for sure. Maybe you can start a journal and write just a couple of paragraphs about how you are feeling each day and what's on your mind to see if there is anything that you want to change or modify that you aren't really aware of right now. Just a thought.

Wishing you lots of light and happiness,
    Bebe