Sort of Gross Question about Proboost

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Feb 5, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i got myself back on proboost recently. i haven't used it since somewhere near the beginning of my illness but it's still the most effective immune support supplement that i can tolerate so i thought it might help dig me out of a low immunity period. my question is, what do you with the small pool of spit that gathers under your tongue after you let it dissolve?! i know you're supposed to let it dissolve under your tongue for 3 minutes without swallowing but a small pool of saliva that seems to contain some mushy undissolved granules always remains! do you just swallow this? it seems inevitable that a little bit gets wasted with every use, yes? sort of a silly question but i can't be the only one!

eddie
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i'll try that. i've found that if i can just lower my tongue and forget about it for 3 minutes, i'm ok. if i sit there and watch it dissolve, i start to salivate and that's when i get clumps. oh, the little things we endure!

eddie
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

is after a few minutes I run my tongue arounf my mouth until it all dissolves then I swallow it-I love it. My husband loves it b/c for 4 mins. three times a day I am completely quiet!
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

is after a few minutes I run my tongue arounf my mouth until it all dissolves then I swallow it-I love it. My husband loves it b/c for 4 mins. three times a day I am completely quiet!
  5. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I took my 1st packet today and had a problem, too, as far as lots of saliva immediately accumulating in my mouth. I swallowed the saliva but tried to make sure none of the Pro Boost was swallowed. It seemed to dissolve fast.
    Am I doing something wrong??
  6. dannybex

dannybex Member

It's perfectly okay to swallow whatever remains in your mouth. They just have you put it under your tongue as that's the best way to absorb it.

Hope this helps,

Dan