Sort of OT: Dealing w/Stress of Own Wedding with Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Meghanne, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

Any one planned their own wedding while having fibro? I know there are those of you who have planned your children's. I just want to know if anyone has gone through their own with this DD. I'm 36, and this is my second wedding. It will be simple, but I am still doing the dress and somewhat traditional, though outdoor wedding. Haven't a clue on the reception yet. I'm looking at Sept 27 2007, that was my mom's birthday (I lost her in July to Pancreatic Cancer).

Trish
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Wedding plans got put on hold for awhile when we were still trying to find out what was wrong with me. Now that we know, the ball is rolling again and it's driving me crazy!!!

I'm at the point right now where process of elimination is my main concern. lol

As far as who attends the wedding, it's rubbed some people the wrong way; but I'm aiming for EXTREMELY small.

I've done an attendance list with the following restrictions, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome!!

a)Have you voluntarily spoken with me in the past 2 years?
    b)Was the last time I saw you because of a wedding/funeral?
    c)Were you someone who visited me during one of my million hospital stays? Send a card? Make a phone call?
    d)Do you even know I'm ill?
    e)Have you been supportive of my previous decisions?
    d)Would you come just for an open bar? (Eliminates alot!)
    e)Would you spend the entire time criticizing me for my tattoos?
    f)Do you even know the groom's name?
    and my favorite...
    d)Are you a hazard to my health?

Anyone who is going to cause stress on what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life (even the 2nd time around!) doesn't need to be there.

It's your day for a reason. No one has to be happy with your decisions except for you & the person your marrying.

My ideal wedding is one of these packages where you have your ceremony at your honeymoon destination and get sent home with a video of it.

Me and him, standing at the end of a boat dock lighted with tiki torches, with the ceremony at sunset. We'll have a 'reception' when we get home, and I'll let the wedding video play in the background.

That way, everyone "sees" the wedding, I don't have to worry about 90% of the normal wedding stress, and if I start to hurt or go crazy? I can leave ;)

I can understand the want for going even semi-traditional on the ceremony part; afterall it is a start to a brand new life. But I do think a more casual reception may be appropriate for your health. It'll be alot less stress on you if you don't have to worry about being part of the schedule. First dance, lead the wedding party table, etc..

But it should always be something you want!!

~Amanda
  3. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

Thanks Guys!! I'm still in that waking up state. You know what that's like with Fibro, so I'll post what I have as far as wedding details so far. Fortunately it's a year and a half out, and that helps, because I can do a little at a time, and it WILL be small (25 people) and simple.

HUGS!!

Trish
  4. hob

hob New Member

Trish,

I just got married last august and boy way it though but the best thing I can tell you is to choose a few things that are really important to you and let the other things be done by others who can help. This is what saved me on my wedding day. Also if you plan to go on any type of honeymoon I would wait a few days after the wedding to leave so you can re-coup a little. Good luck and remember to have fun!