sound like I have a cricket in one ear!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

driving me crazy going to ENT my mother went totally deaf she had osteoporisis and the hammer in both ears more or less went away.
    Freaking me out all started with a sinus infection never had a earache in my life.
    Weird sinus infection and put me on zithromax and it worked. When I got back home, i know this sounds gross but i could not hear out of left ear and my primary got me in said no infection but kept pulling out wax.
    Yuk and it bled and bled so the hearing is better both the crickets are driving me crazy.
    I had such good hearing my boys use to call me mouse ears. So I am anxious to hear what is says.
    When i went to Rheumy she put me on Vitamin D and calcium.
    also read tramadol could cause ringing in ears.
    let you know
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I like the crickets idea!

I just asked my chrio about this as mine has gotten bad. he asked if I had been on antibiotics recently. I noticed when it gets bad better when I see him. I was diagnosed with Meneries.

hope you find out
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I dont ever take antibiotics probably the first one in 4 to 5 years that have taken.
    Would this cause it? What is Meneries?
    3gs will it go away? does your hearing get worse? freaking me out
  4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

when did the crickets start when you were taking the antibiotics or after you finished the meds?

I have had crickets (ringing in both of my ears) for years and to go with that I also have
    a hearing loss in both ears and started wearing hearing aids about 10 years ago. (not an easy adjustment for someone who was 35 ~ smile)

I have taken lots of over the counter meds for headaches over the years but I'm not sure
    what really caused my ear sounds. I'm currently taking tramadol for pain for my Fibromyalgia but haven't noticed any increase in the sounds at all.

You mentioned that you can hear better since the doctor got the wax out so that is good.

let us know what you find out.
    hugs, Susan
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hensue don't freak out. antibiotics can cause ringing in ears.
    Meneries(sp) is permanent as far as I know. Its constant ringing in your ears and can cause dizzy spells. My dad has it and runs in familys.

Mine comes and goes but with the CFS/Fibro its around alot. Seems to be with other folks also. I feel I can't hear as well but tests show no loss!

Yours very well could clear up after having wax removed and if it was caused by antibiotics.

give it sometime and ask your doc

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Mine started with this darn DD and hasn't let up but is much worse when I have a sinus infection. Meds can cause this but in my case I think it has something to do with this darn DD.

I have the Crickets 24/7 have seen an ENT and no answers. I do know after I take an antibiotic the noise isn't as loud. Also xanax helps tone it down some. Hope yours goes away.

God Bless,
  7. I get that too. Especially when I take Ibuprofen for a few days. good luck. It is annoying.
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

They checked my hearing and do to the crickets he hopes or the infection I had. They think it will clear up but the actual hearing Doc wants me to come back in 6 weeks. He was concerned i might have what my mother had and she lost her hearing in both ears completely.
    It starts with an o is all i know. He says it can run in the family, I also told him I am taking a plane trip which I havent done in probably 15 years. My ears always stop up and I cannot hear. He said get this that he puts in tubes for pilots and stewardess all the time. Right in the office!
    Does a little cut and puts them in, I told him I am a little like Scarlet being from the south I will worry about that later he said that is the spirit. I had promised my husband i would go on this business trip for five years. So I guess I will it will not be until April so hopefully all the crickets will be gone by then. I ask him if I had a little drink on the plane would it help? He said you never know? I dont drink but I would if i thought it would help my ear. Then I remembered we have to fly out at 6:30 am.
    So anyone that has suggestions for the plane and the ear i would appreciate it.
    I will keep you posted
    Thanks a bunch
    I hear those crickets now