Sound Sensitivity is Killing Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Jul 24, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My neighbors keep slamming their door and it HURTS. Day and Night. Sometimes they will slam the door five times in an hour. I live in an apartment and their door is only about four feet across from mine. My entire place shakes from the slamming. And they just keep doing it. It hurts my head and sometimes I get headaches from it. They don't care. They don't get it that sounds can really hurt. It's awful :(
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

i have barking dog issues ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  3. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Noise definitely bothers me, too. Loud TV's, my kids whining or yelling, my husbands' loud talking, my dog barking...sometimes it seems like everything hurts my ears!
  4. artguard

artguard Member

I also have noise sensitivies and live near a moderate busy intersection that had a loose water main cover. Every fourth or fifth car hit it just right and the clack clack made me keep the A/C on but I couldn't sit on my porch which I love in the summer because the pitch just so irritating. So I nicely asked my city's road crew to fix it explaining some of my problems. After two attempts and actually painting a pink circle around the offending hole it was taken care of but does come loose. I love my city.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2008]
  5. ardnave

ardnave New Member

I know it's not a complete solution by any means but I find Etymotic Research, ER•20 High Fidelity Earplugs very helpful, they reduce environmental sound by about 20 decibels without muffling sound at all. I find them especially useful at supermarket chequeouts, all that beeping drives me crazy!

I also found my sound sensitivity has been much better since I started magnesium injections.
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I also have to use earplugs sometimes. Everything hurts from noise. Hurts down to the bone and makes me very anxious. I can't even listen to music anymore, I just love silence.

If I go to a restaurant or somewhere like that, I have to take an Ativan or I get really stressed out!

LEFTYGG Member

i put foam stripping around my bedroom door and strip across bottom like they do to insulate for cold.

it helps muffle sound i feel like ive been shot when the door is slammed. love gail
  8. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

See: <a href=""></a>

They recommend trying pink noise:
    <a href=""></a>

- Mark[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2008]