Sounds increase and descrease with no real reason ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tantamay, Apr 17, 2003.

1. tantamay

tantamay New Member

I have read that sound intolerants is a part of fibro, but some days it is like some one is playing with the volume, and it makes it hard to concentrate, when it gets real bad I put my headphones on with music, but that is kind of hard to do at work, as I am on the phone a lot.

I can tell that it is not some one being loud because one minute it is soft and then up goes volume and it is loud. I had this before any of my medications….

So any suggestions, would be very much apprieated. I least now I know it is part of fibro and I am not going crazy.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Tantamay, welcome to our world of strange symptoms! Yes, I do have that problem sometimes. Its mostly with the tv and when the dogs bark. It comes and goes.
    I don't work out, and I live in the country, so its mostly what goes on in the house or the dogs barking. Its pretty quiet out here.

I have had Fibo for over 20 years, believe me, we do get some really way out symptoms, and no we are not crazy!

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

When I was first dx'd I had the same problem. I think it was caused by the tight muscles in my neck and jaw. I also had bad TMJ. I had to go on a soft food diet for quite a while becasue it hurt too much otherwise.

My doc put me on Klonopin for the TMJ, restless legs, and probably a few other things. It solved the hearing problem. Occasionally it comes back, but it doesn't last long when it does.

Barbara