Sounds like most of us...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, Feb 3, 2006.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

http://www.spondylitis.org/patient_resources/women.aspx

see this link and then click on symptoms... I am being tested for it now...

Who knows? I am in so much pain right now I'll try anything.
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Well, it says it is hard to test for or detect until it is advance, especially for women. It is still considered a man's disease eventhough it is not. It also does not always show up on blood work. I am going to have an MRI and open my doctor's mind. The symptoms sound just like mine and I read somewhere that AS is sometimes confused for fibromyalgia.
  3. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

ANYTHING..IS MY WAY OF LOOKING AT THIS 24/7 CHRONIC PAIN!

I KNOW MANY OF US ARE TOLD WE HAVE FMS/CFS BUT END UP HAVING SOMETHING ELSE....SO GETTING ANY TYPE OF NEW POSSIBILTIES IS WORTH CHECKING OUT!

I KNOW A WOMAN WHO HAD SUCH PAIN FOR 1 1/2 YEARS AND LATER FOUND OUT IT WAS CANCER...SHE IS DEAD NOW!

SO WE ALL NEED TO CHECK OUT EVERTYTHING- DRS MAKE MANY MISTAKES, NOT ON PURPOSE BUT WHEN THERE ISNT A TEST TO CONFIRM FMS/CFS ITS SCARY TO KNOW WE MAY HAVE SOMETHING VERY SERIOUS....IT IS SERIOUS JUST BEING IN PAIN TO START WITH!
    WE ALL NEED TO STILL SEARCH FOR OTHER OPTIONS OF WHY WE ARE HURTING....PAIN ISNT NORMAL BUT TURNS TO OUR NORMAL AFTER A FEW MONTHS, THAN YEARS THAN DECADES!

I WAS RAISED "ONLY GO TO THE DR IF YOUR BLEEDING OR IN PAIN"
    MEANING YOUR BODY IS IN HIGH ALERT! DANGER! HELP ME!
    I DID GO TO THE DR AND THOUGHT I WOULD BE FIXED-----WOW!
    WAS I WRONG!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.............

THANKS!
    JGAVI
  4. darude

darude New Member

I agree!!!! I was told nothing wrong and a year later they found a pituitary tumour, 40 lesions, lung problems, diabetes and sleep apnea. All this happened in a year. Check everything out. Pain is not right!
  5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Yes, the MRI is of the spine, Gigi.

I have been having very bad upper back pain for over a month. The thing about this is that it says that it is hard to dx at first, which may explain why it is missed.
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

just my 2 cents regarding your comment about your husband and pain meds.

My husband was and (probably secretly still is) concerned about me taking pain meds at first. My feeling is thatthey hear so much negative info about pain meds and they are concerned about us. I lovingly told him that I would much rather not take pain med, but what is the alternative? After trying lots of natural remedies, diets, treatments, etc., etc., sometimes pain med is the only thing that works and even that doesn't do it sometimes.

So, I just wanted to let you know that I can relate.

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2006]