Source for natural thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Sep 17, 2009.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Here's a link to a Swanson's Vitamin blog page which has a possible source for getting thyroid (for those unable to get Armour, etc.)

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

We have learned that Time-Cap Labs, producer of a generic version of the brand name drug Armour, a natural and bioidentical thyroid replacement, has been ordered by the FDA to stop production. The FDA has decided to classify the company’s product, available for over a century, as an unapproved new drug. Since the new drug approval process is prohibitively expensive for a non-patentable substance, the FDA is in effect banning the natural product. The purpose? Presumably to protect the profits of other, inferior drugs that have been FDA approved.

Forest Labs stopped making it too. Silently.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I'm mad too. Did you sign the AAHF petition? Email or write your state rep and congressman to reform the FDA.

You can also call your local democratic or republican office and sign up to be a Precinct Chairman. Its an elected position, it doesn't pay anything...but you now represent ~1000 ppl. Now when you write to congress, you have a little more power.

Write to them about ME (CFS) too!

The Pen is mightier than the sword!
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

There is an excellent book out: Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It
    Author - David Brownstein, MD

Iodine, Fluorine and Bromine are all called halogens. If we dont' get enuf iodine, the floride and bromides can clog our body's iodine receptors.

Filter out the fluorine from the water. Test for your iodine levels. carries a iodine loading test kit. Then use Iodoral or cheaper...Lugol's Iodine.

Iodine may initially displace fluorine, so be aware of a detox.

2 drops/day of Lugol's is equivalent to the average Japanese diet of fish and seaweed.

I'm on 4 drops/day. I use to take 120mg of Armour, I was stable on it. After 4 weeks of Lugol's, my hands were shaking, sweating, nervousness, body temp 99.2°F. My doc lowered my dose to 90mg. A month later, it happened again. so now I'm down to 60mg of Armour.

Classical hyper thyroidism! I'm hoping to get off armour all together....actually I'm on a time-released equivalent to armour...thanks to our FDA.

"Never, never, never give up" - Winston Churchhill
  5. astroherb

astroherb New Member

What is the AAHF petition?
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member
    Take Action
    You'll see the link next

We need to kick the money hungry drug mongers out of the FDA and bring it back to what it was designed to do. Protect our food and verify safe drugs.

Armour Thyroid is safe.
    Celebrex damaged my mom's heart muscle. She can't sue, FDA says it's not damaged enough!

They also want all supplements to be an Rx by a doc. Medical school only required one course in nutrition. Canada already got a law like this passed.
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

i can get on to swanson's vitamin blogs but not to the specific one you there a link from their home page?
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

well, the link does appear to be broken. I tried googling RX Co pharmacy but couldn't find it.

I suggest contacting Swanson's directly because they have some sort of relationship with that pharmacy. They should be able to put you in touch.

9. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Fargo, ND is just flat run out of Armour. Their computer server could be swamped with internet hits.

Ask your doc about a time-released T3/T4 bio-identical from a compounding pharmacy like ITC, I have 2 in Fort Worth that I use.
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated -

11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

First, the link to the blog referenced above is working again.

Also, I got the number for the RX Co pharmacy: (800) 323-3873. I called them this morning and was told they have 1/4, 1/2 and 2 grain potencies of either Nature-throid or Westhroid (I'm a little groggy this morning) ...