Source of Molybdenum?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Nov 1, 2005.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I would like to try molybdenum to reduce the yeast overgrowth in my digestive tract, but have been unable to find any. So far I have tried the ProHealth on-line store and two local health product stores.

For those of you who used it -
    What brand is it?
    Where do you get it?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This has slipped to Page 2.

Have you tried a good Probiotic? It is often the imbalance of bacteria in the gut which allows a yeast infection to thrive. I take the Jarro-Dophilus sold here. Others have had good luck with Primal Defense.

Love, Mikie
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

I use a liquid supp by Nutricology - Molybdenum (as Ammonium Molybdate) 25 mcg per drop.

Solgar have a product that provides Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate) 85 mg, Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate) 150 mcg.

The Source Naturals product is sublingual Molybdenum with Glutathione; it provides Riboflavin (as 2.25 mg flavin mononucleotide 1.6 mg [Coenzymated(TM)]), Molybdenum (as molybdenum aspartate citrate) 120 mcg, L-Glutathione 50 mg.

A UK company called Biocare make a liquid product called Nutrisorb Molybdenum, they use Molybdenum Ascorbate.

Hopefully any health store or on line company that sell Nutricology, Solgar, or Source Naturals, products will either have it in stock or can order it for you.

Love, Tansy
  4. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Natural Food Sources of are
    legumes
    dark leafy green veges
    whole grains
    dairy products
    organ meats
    but I guess they need to come from adequately mineralised soils
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Tansy & Slowdreamer - for the sources of molybdenum both supplemental and dietary. I think a supplement would probably work best to eliminate the yeast overgrowth. Molybdenum rich foods might help prevent a return of the problem.

Mikie - for the bump. I am taking a probiotic. The problems I have had with it are what make me suspect that I have a worse yeast problem than I realized. The molybdenum is supposed to get rid of the yeast without producing as many toxins.