Southern Oregon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michella, Oct 23, 2005.

1. michella

michella New Member

Does anyone on this site live in Southern Oregon? Just wondering. I live in Brookings, Oregon and have CFIDS.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

in Northern California. I live in Eureka, CA...not Yreka on I-5 but Eureka on the coast on 101. We haave traveled to Brookings many times for clam chowder, soup, shopping, and RVing. It is a short trip and a nice place to spend a weekend.

I have FM...Do you have a doctor there who is good with CFS?

Nice to meet someone in an isolated place like Eureka. (-:

Sue
  3. michella

michella New Member

30 miles south of Coos Bay is Bandon. 30 miles south of Bandon is Gold Beach. 30 miles south of Gold Beach is Brookings. Brookings is the southernmost coastal town of Oregon. :)
  4. michella

michella New Member

I wish I could say there was a great doctor here in Brookings. Unfortunately I think many patients with our illness still have to educate their providers. Anyway, I've eaten in Eureka too! Do you recommend any places to eat or health practitioners to see there? Brookings isn't known for its great doctors or restraunts(although the clam chowder is usually pretty good)but it is very beautiful and slowpaced. And despite its limited selections,Brookings is quite therapeutic.
  5. Tiger69

Tiger69 New Member

I live in Medford, Oregon just North of Yreka and the Siskyou Pass. I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago when I lived in Monterey, CA. I was just diagnosed with small intestine bacterial overgrowth and am allergic to doxycycline which my gastro doc put me on. He made me mad because he wants me to take Erythromycin for a year 125mg night. I cannot take Erythromycin because I'm allergic to Clarithromycin (Biaxin) and also to Neomycin. I've consulted my PCP doc for advice on what antibitic to take for this problem and am waiting her answer. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I cannot eat wheat or grain breads, spaghetti, some pastas, pizza, etc. I'm still trying to find out more about what foods I should avoid. The list the Gastro doc gave me is incomplete. Not all foods are listed. I can eat rice and potatoes with no problems. I'm tired of feeling cramps, bloating, gas, nausea, belching, flatulence, etc that I get from this problem. Anyone else out there with small intestine bacterial overgrowth have any suggestions?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2005]
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My mind's gone blank on a great restaurant here...good food...and I don't know about many great doctors. I have a good PCP who is very helpful and very sympathetic. The rheumies here are not good! I've been to one who is awful and heard another in that group is not good, either (the only rheum. group here)! My psychiatrist is wonderful.

I'll think of the restaurant and write later. Mind-fog.

Sue
  7. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I was thinking of moving to Oregon. Does it really rain a lot
    there? I have sinus problems and worry about the dampness.
    Do people have a lot of sinusitis in Oregon?
  8. Tiger69

Tiger69 New Member

dreamharp,

I live in Meford, Oregon. It does rain in the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring. It rains more in the Winter though. I had four or five sinus infections last year, but I was run down and going through depression because my dad died in NOv. 2004 of throat cancer. But, if you're not run down, you probably won't get that many sinus infections.
    I really like it here. I can afford it. I used to live in CA until Jan. 2004, then it got too expensive to live there because I'm on SSDI disability.