Soy as a Protein Source? Now I'm Really Confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littleleafhopper, Oct 10, 2006.

1. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hello to all,

To leave a brief message, I recently read Rich Carson's Story, was very inspired, and decided to order a Nurtrition video by Dr. Dale Figtree. I got it yesterday, and just got through watching it. It advocates fresh organic juices, and tells you various combinations to use, as well as other dietary suggestions.

The one thing that has me confused is that she suggests soy in the form of Tofu, or soy milk as a major form of protein. I don't know where I stand on that, but I'd sure like some other opinions.

I have been staying away from it, thinking that it wasn't such a hot idea. What do you guys think?

Yours, Lil
  2. littleleafhopper

I didn't know the connection between soy and the thyroid. Thanks for the reply.

Yours, Lil
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Just thought I would jump in here, be very careful with soy. May orgaic soy milk would be ok. But i found out this way that I am highly allergic to soy.

Don't know how you'd test a little bit for a reaction. I had a small amount in my coffee and started itching within 20 mins, then head to toe hives. started a whole chain reaction of allergies.

My doctor seems to think soy has changed so much over the years and that in the future more people are going to be allergic to soy more than anything else?

Saying that, there are others out there living on 'soy' and are feeling healthy for it.

If you already don't think it;s a good idea, maybe get tested for it somewhere first if you can.

Good luck :eek:)
  4. littleleafhopper

Good idea to do some allergy testing!