Spaced out Feeling/Feeling outside of myself?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, May 1, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

This is so wierd. Does anyone ever feel like spaced out and not themselves? I feel sort of "unattached" from my body and spaced out. Kind of like I feel like I could just pass out - but I'm not dizzy or anything or I need to go to sleep.

Help! This is very wierd.

Thanks,
    meow
  2. JerseySue

JerseySue New Member

From what I have read that is also a common symptom in MS too, that disconnected feeling from you body.

I hate when that happens because it used to scare me, but now I kinda just flow with it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.
    Gentle Hugs Sue
  3. cher4

cher4 New Member

When my neck muscles are extremely tense and starts to involve my head muscles, I get this feeling too. I have myofascial trigger points and researched this. What I found was that trps can upset the receptors responsible for your spatial awareness. This includes where you are in relation to objects in the world around you as well as the relationships between one part of your body and another. This dysfunction can include imbalance,dizziness, ringing in your ears, and a distorted weight perception of objects you pick up. I try to relax as much as I can to let go of the tension. It is a very disturbing sensation.
  4. sybil1

sybil1 New Member

Do a search on "simple partial seizures". I'll be curious to see how many of us are having them. It wasn't until I came down w/cfs that I started having them. I just didn't know "what" they were. I just sought out a Neurologist and having testing done. Please do the search. I know you'll be surprised!!!!!

sybil
  5. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

It's almost like an out of body experience kind of thing--I sometimes kind of feel like I'm just floating or hovering AROUND my body rather than IN it. This happens to me when I'm having a BAD CFIDS day or am in a really busy, noisy place like a store or a mall (overstimulation, maybe?)

Off to search the simple partial seizure thing.
    Nicole
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Do you have anxiety not with the feeling you described but anxiety / depression?
    I have this feeling a lot and my psych. told me it was the anxiety. When I lie down it seems to help and especially if I can go off to sleep. I have it very often..

We have so many symptoms and to me it gets scary..

greatgran
  7. stagename

stagename New Member

these are the triggers for me to have that feeling-
    sinus pain/congestion (from a cold or exposure to those nasty chemicals like petroleum and ammonia)
    orthostatic intolerance/low blood pressure (when i climb stairs, get off an elevator, get up in the morning)
    overstimulation (shopping- smells, flourescant lights, noise)
    low blood sugar (missing a meal, staying up too late without a snack)

but i think the biggest reason is sleep deprivation! We don't get teh deep, restorative sleep we need, so it's a chronic state.

take care.
  8. suexi

suexi New Member

Major cfs for 3 years now. I am sure I had it before but just didn't know it. It was mild, but for as long as I can remember I have had this spacey feeling, nowadays just much worse and like Jerseysue, I have learned to go with it. It sucks and I wish I could just feel normal like other people. I get dizzy alot and at times feel like I am going to pass out. And when I get sick with the flu, it is really horrible. I get very restless and anxious and feel like I am going to die. I just pray I never get anything like cancer and have to go thru chemo or radiation or anything major like that. I can't imagine how horrible the combination of that would be.
    Susie
  9. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

and it gets terrifying. I know where I am, what I am doing and saying, but don't feel at all like it's me.

I have started on guai and was hoping it would go away (6 weeks now) and if anything it's getting worse. Last 4 days I feel like I haven't been here at all.

Has anyone ever mentioned this to a dr? I'm terrified she'll have me locked up if I do.

Mikie, I have read where you said your brain fog let up soon after starting guai. Was this the feeling you had?
  10. mars_xmu

mars_xmu New Member

I just sorted it out by seeing a homeopathic MD.It can alsos be caused through illness: parasites in gut, lymes or even candida. If pos test for the above and you symptoms will go away. I found out the spaced out feeling that i was having was due to parasites in gut.
  11. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

I'm in the midst of Dr. Hulda Clark's parasitic cleanse and feel a bit less foggy. Parasites can cause all of the symptoms of CFS. I'm hoping for a miracle... If I can destroy the parasites, then maybe what was thought to be CFS will be destroyed as well! I'm praying for a miracle.
    Ilovegreen
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please keep us updated on how the Hulda Clark parasite purge is going. I use her zapper to help control pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  13. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

If I remember correctly, you are waiting on your lyme test to come back? I tend to agree with Firecop that your symptoms sound like lyme. From my post of a few days ago here's the part on Neurological lyme:

Psychological well-being

Mood swings, irritability, bi-polar disorder
    Unusual depression
    Disorientation (getting or feeling lost)
    Feeling as if you are losing your mind
    Over-emotional reactions, crying easily
    Too much sleep, or insomnia
    Difficulty falling or staying asleep
    Narcolepsy, sleep apnea
    Panic attacks, anxiety
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Are you taking any SSRI's? Elavil made me feel numb and unattached from my body. It was horrible.

Take a look at all meds you are taking and read their side effects, it could be one of them.

And I think the others are right, it could be parasites or something similar. When my liver was "toxic", overloaded, I would get a spacey sick feeling.

Mary
  15. CarolK

CarolK New Member

While I may not have it as often as others who have posted, I also get that "spaced-out" or disconnected feeling. Sometimes accompanied with an instant dizzy feeling.... it just kind of flashes.... dizzy for a moment and then goes away.

I have noticed it happening more frequently the longer I've had fm. I am not taking any ssri's or any other medication for fm on a regular basis. The only meds I take for the fm pain are otc pain meds and Tramadol. I use the Tramadol very sparingling because it is so hard to get it from my doctor... still cannot get any doctor to give me vicodin or anything like that... I just have to "tough-it-out" when it comes to the pain.

CarolK
  16. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

for the first time in months, I felt like that. It WAS weird. I could feel my brain hovering about a foot above my body, and when I looked down at my feet to walk it was like I was walking on stilts, looking down from a great height above my shoulders. I was really queasy that week too. After a week it went back to normal. That's not the weirdest reaction I've had to a food.
  17. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I also have felt this way when weaning off of effexor and also when I just reduced my dose for Cymbalta. I am feeling so much better in the head now on the lower dose. The pain is a little more, but not like it was without anything. . Really spacey.
    Also, you have to make sure you take it the same time every day. One day I forgot to take it before work, and by evening I wasn't feeling well at all.

Hope you get back to normal soon, Meow.
    Nanna

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]