Spanish researchers working on FMS/CF test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, May 13, 2006.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I just read an article in a Spanish paper (I don't post it because I figure most people will not be able to read it) that says researchers in Barcelona are working on developing a test that will show your risk for developing FMS/CF and hopefully stopping it before it starts.

They studied FMS patients in Spain, Mexico, UK and US and healthy patients and hope to develop a test soon. They believe that the sooner you identify the risks the better chances of stopping it from spiraling out of control. It looks to me, from reading the article, that they consider it to be a progressive disease, which most of us would agree with.

I wouldn't mind volunteering for it;)

I think this is a positive development and I wish them luck because it will ultimately help us.

Lourdes
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

3. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

4. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Babicati can you post the article or the link to it please? I can read Spanish to a certain extent but can get the gist of it.

Thank yooou!

5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060513/prensa/noticias/Gente/Gente/200605/13/NAC-GEN-137.asp

Let me know if you have questions or need help with a word.

Lourdes
  6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thank you Lourdes for posting that. Whatever words I was unsure about I use an online translator to help me.

I would love to be a part of the process if that is something they open to doing. It is good to see more scientists working on the illness.

Funny I can read Spanish but speaking it, I have difficulties with it. After finishing my schooling, I hope to be more proficient in the language by that time.
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I was wondering if you are hispanic. A few weeks ago there was a thread that asked what everyone's nationality was. I was the only who responded as being hispanic.

If you don't mind my asking, if you are hispanic, from what country? Both of my parents are from Puerto Rico and my sister and 2 of my female cousins have FMS. I have both FMS and CFIDS.

Thanks,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2006]
  8. roma06

roma06 New Member

LOURDES
    thanks for the info that you post
    iam from mexico and i love to reed evry day all this messages becouse i haveing lerning so much do yo now how
    all you ladies have helpingme.
    ihop you can post that informacion in spanish o
    how to getme all that informacion in spanish

it very hart for me becouse my inglish is not to good
    and i canot find much in spanish .
    iam from mexico but i have living in dallas texas for olmost30 yeaas,and i was diagnostcada whitmayo facial syndrom pain and fibromylagia i can not even work

becouse my fibro is so painfull
    please if someone nows abut others advice in sphanih ,it tok me 2 houers to place this message
    aim sorry for my poor ingish
    thank you very much.
    god blees all you

ROSY

9. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I don't mind. I was born in Spain but grew up in the U.S.
  10. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

See the link above. It is to the Spanish newspaper ABC and the article is in Spanish. Also, search on www.MedlinePus.com, it is from the U.S. National Institutes of Health. On the right side is a link to a Spanish language website, you can find more on FMS there. And finally, go to www.yahoo.es, that is the Spanish language Yahoo site and you can do a search under "Fibromialgia". I hope this helps.

Lourdes
  11. roma06

roma06 New Member

LOURDES

thank you so much for your information! it was extremely helpful

thanks again, Rosy