spasm in base of skull

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, Dec 9, 2002.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am getting what feels like a spasm in the base o my skull. I always have HORRIBLE neck and shoulder pain and stiffness but this is new. Anyone ever get this. It is like a butterfly fluttering in there ...

Janine
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am getting what feels like a spasm in the base o my skull. I always have HORRIBLE neck and shoulder pain and stiffness but this is new. Anyone ever get this. It is like a butterfly fluttering in there ...

Janine
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

4. shannon

shannon Guest

I get that alot and it even radiates into my jaw and mine are painfull spasm's. Are your's?
  5. I would get these horrible muscle spasms in my neck out of the blue, it would feel terrible. I never had anything like them, thank goodness they have eased off. I mentioned that to my rheumatologist and he said it was a normal part of fibro. I don't know if this is what you are having.
    F~Butterfly
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Yes, yes! I get these "butterfly" spasms in many places. They are very annoying (I've said for a long time that these strange sensations can be as debilitating & sleep-depriving & anxiety-producing as pain) especially when you are just trying to sleep! I think these are common... Mine come & go.

Hope it gets better for you,
    Pam
  7. LiteraryPumpkin

LiteraryPumpkin New Member

Me too. I really dislike spasms. I hate pain. No-win situation. "I'll take none of the above, please." I'm a regular pain in the neck, I am. Radiates to the jaw, shoulders, back.

Spasms .. sounds like baby sperm whales or something.

Oh well, if I told a NORMAL all the little things that my body does to me, there is no way that they would believe me! NOT A CHANCE! I guess that I could always invite them down to "Sea World" to watch the spasms swim around.
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get that too, along with a horrible cracking fizzing & popping noise in my neck. Really yuck!

Lease
  9. amorgan

amorgan New Member

This is wonderful that other people are experiencing this. I thought I had a tumor! This has been happening for over 2 yrs. now and it never goes away. The pain used to be so sharp that I would drop everything when it would spark up. It has gotten better though. My drs. could not find anything wrong so they just concluded it was an occipital nerve "shorting out" Now, it is a constant dull pain that sometimes gets hot. I am learning to live with it, but it is a challenge. I am so relieved that I am not alone!

10. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi there

A resounding yes - it's one of my most frequent spasming sites and aches like hell.

Digging in with my fingers relieves it somewhat, but it ends up involving my neck and shoulders too then hit's really hard to release.

Good Luck
    Gill
  11. nodiagnosis

nodiagnosis New Member

I am new to this site and I need help-Can some one help me please,what do I do about extreme pain in the skull? is it a headache ? also feal more lightheaded,dizzy and some balance problems with slight vertigo.I am on no medication because I am scared of drugs.My docs wont listen to me because it's all in my head.
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have trigger points at the base of my skull and on my neck and shoulders.
  13. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Wow me too. That cracking drives me crazy. It's like there's paper getting crumpled in there. I do yoga, chiropractic, massage, accupuncture. Nothing works long-term. Hope someone answers with a suggestion.

In the meantime. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Miriam