SPASMS IN HIP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hoodnanny, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

I NEED HELP. does anyone have spasms in the butt..not hip but where you sit down....it hurts so bad i cant walk or hardly move..it just comes on suddenly. now it has come on so many times it hurts to touch, and it is spreading , the pain is,
    do you know what it is and why it is happening....i have blood work done every four weeks.. it started about two months ago but it started out one strike here and there. now is is full blown..
    any answer will HELP
    BLESSINGS
    shirley
  2. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

and they are suppossed to call me tomorrow....i will let you know what they say...i cant even sit down or lay down on my butt without it killing me...the pain just throbs. i would love to walk, but i have arthritis in feet and that is something you dont want either, the pain is bad there to. but if and when i find out i will type the headline with your name and you will know i found out something..
    thank you for answering.....your problem sounds like mine.
    will be in touch....
    blessings
    shirley
  3. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I know what you are talking about. It is not usually my biggest trouble spot, but it is this week! I think mine is sciatica this time, cause it is going all the way down my leg, but I could be wrong. If the pain is spreading down from your butt down the back of your leg, then it is likely a pinched sciatic nerve. I use heat & try to stretch the area as much as I can. Other than that, I just suffer. Sorry, guess I'm not much help, but you know the saying, misery loves company. You are not alone!!

Take care,
    Leanne
  4. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

IT IS RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF MY BUTT WHEN I SIT DOWN...SIDE WAYS IT WOULD GO STRAIGHT THROUGH TO THE BUTT.IT IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.. WHEN IT GETS THROUGH HURTING IT AFFECTS THE MUSCLE IN CALF AND MAKES THE FOOT HURT...DOES THAT HELP..
    BLESSINGS
    SHIRLEUY
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I think the butt thing is plain old fms and its twisting around the sciatic nerve.Mine just comes on ocassionally thankfully.Most of my pain is in my back.Linda
  6. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

do a search here or on google...you'll be surprised...I was

Amy