Speaking of Neurontin, what doses are peeps taking?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BluEyes, Sep 2, 2002.

1. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

Hi all!

I would like to know what dosage the "Neurontin takers" are taking. I take 300mg 3 to 4 times a day. My rx says 3x, the pharmacist says I can safely take up to 5 per day (or more).

Thanks for your input!

Blue
  2. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

Hi all!

I would like to know what dosage the "Neurontin takers" are taking. I take 300mg 3 to 4 times a day. My rx says 3x, the pharmacist says I can safely take up to 5 per day (or more).

Thanks for your input!

Blue
  3. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Hi Blue,

I'm only on 200 mg per day and am going to increase it to 400 mg per day on my next refill.

My husband is a nurse and administers 3000+ mg per day to alot of his patients.

It is something you should work on with your doctor. You need to increase slowly and watch your progress. If you're not having any major side affects, but aren't seeing any benefits, your doctor should increase your dosage.

Whatever you do, don't increase it on your own. Also, this is a medication you don't want to stop abruptly.

Hope this helps.

-Shoobie
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Neurotin is classified as an anti-seizure medication and most on here that take that med. are taking it off-label. I began at 300mg. four times a day and that was almost 4-years ago now. The rheumi had intended to increase that doseage but long story short, I lost all ability to see a doc or receive medication for around 14 months. Luckily I had received a three month supply and continued taking atleast three per day, with two at the evening. I can't tell I'm taking anything...no drowsiness, no hyper alertness but it does "something". When I don't take it, forget, I soon become terribly nauseated and say...now what DIDN'T I take. Often it is the neurotin.

My psychiatrist said that when it worked for us w/CFIDS or FMS it was because the nature of our disorder is occurring in the specific areas neurotin effects; therefore for some it does nothing and for those of us who's problem is in the area of the brain for which neurotin is effective, we reap the benefits. Hope this helps. CactusLil'