Special Day... have one!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 4, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Rock posted this way back in '06, it bears repeating as jean/2104 pointed out to me....

Little known culinary history: Today is the birthday of Sir Richard Hellmann, founder of Hellmann's Mayonnaise. His first plant was located in England.

In 1912 a shipment of 2000 cases was aboard the Titanic, on its way to New York and from there to Vera Cruz. This was the first attempted shipment to Mexico.

When Mexico learned that its anticipated delicacy had sunk in the North Atlantic, it was devestated. A national day of mourning was declared that is still observed today:

Maybe a BLT would be in order tho rather than margaritas or cervezas & nachos????
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Lol @ "sinko de mayo"! Too funny. My mother never allowed Kraft mayo in the house. Im now the same way. I read somewhere its a "southern" thing. She was from Georgia so I dont know. My sister used to eat it with a spoon. Yuck!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I grew up around Chicago, I vote for Hellman's. I think Kraft is too sweet!

I've made my own, but it is always a little too gloppy, not sure how to make it more like Hellman's LOL.

mmmm, thinking about a BLT right now... but nobody's brought home the bacon :(

[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2010]
  4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

.........I'm trying to sink of a gouda response that isn't too hammy but not being tuna sure of eggzactly what I would say I sink I'll just stop here......!

5. teacher

teacher New Member

You people are too punny!