Special diets anyone? Feingold? Organic? Non-GMO? Gluten-Free?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Oct 3, 2005.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I've been doing a ton of research on diets lately, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the following diets and with what results?

The Feingold Diet (feingold dot com)

100% Organic Diet (no dedicated website found)

GMO-Free diet (seedsofdeception dot com, etc)

Gluten-Free diet (gfcfdiet dot com)

Just curious as I'm re-evaluating my diet. I'm really working to get well (CFS/FM), so any input will be greatly appreciated. (Weight loss is not my goal -- but would be a welcome side effect.)
  2. patches25

patches25 New Member

Hi, I am gluten free but then I am a celiac. I don't even think of it as a diet anymore. I can't tell if it has made any difference on my CFS. I have been gluten free for just over 6 months and I understand that it can take a year to get the villi recovered. E.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Oh, I have worked on this for SO long!!

What I'm eating now is:
    canned tuna
    cod
    basa
    plain organic yogurt (non-homogenized)
    organic eggs
    raw tomatoes
    raw romaine lettuce
    raw zucchini
    raw organic baby greens
    nuts
    olive oil, sea salt, xylitol, glycerin,etc.

And all on a four-day allergy rotation! I thought it would be a hassle to rotate foods, but I find that it keeps me from getting bored with the limited variety. Serriously, anything other than these foods makes me sick!!!!!
  4. kalaya

kalaya New Member

organic is the big alteration that I have made in my diet and it has made to measurable differances.One is that I now have less money due to the cost and the other is that I can maintain a lower body weight much easier.Can't say that I feel a great differance in energy though.Also if you go raw know that raw brocolli has an ingredient in it that can inhibit thyroid function.
  5. chantoozy1

chantoozy1 New Member

Hi elastigirl
    We grow all our vegies and fruit chickens and eggs organically what we cant grow we dont eat. Whislt this was the starting point I continued to search for an answer to my fatigue so now I cook gluten free with virgin coconut oil and yogurt(we make our yogurt)replacing milk and adding b12 1000mg I also starting eating spoonfuls of the virgin coconut oil and for the first time in 3 years I have lost some of the 40 kilos I put on and I am now able to achieve daily tasks and more YIPEE gluten is not necessary in our diet it gives a quick boost of energy with a then very low energy level. Protien seems to give a great start to the day ie free range eggs and the good old baked beans. There are some great recipes on the web but if you have trouble let me know and I'll give you my favourite sites Hope some of it helps.