**Specific Health Benefits From GARLIC**

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Mar 5, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I got this book yesterday...Dietary Wellness..It is really good...I am hoping to post things out of it that I think will helps us..

First off...I came across Garlic..

Benefits:

* Acidophilus Growth Stimulant

* Antibacterial agent

* Antifungal agent

*Antioxidant and atiaging agent

* Antiradiation treatment

* Antistress agent

* Antitumor agent

* Antiviral agent

* Heavy-metal chelation agent

* Immune-system enhancer

* Liver-protection agent

Health problem that may be helped by garlic:

* Allergies

* Arthritis

* Asthma

* Atherosclerosis

* Bronchitits

* Cancer

* Canker Sores

* Cardiovascular Disease

* Carpal tunnel syndrome

* Circulation

* cold/flu/persistent fever

* Diabetes

*Excessive unezplained weight loss

* Fungal diseases such as candidiasis and athlete's foot

* Gastrointestinal disorders

* Hemorrhoids

* High Cholesterol

* High Toxin levels

* High triglycerides

* Hypertension

* Hypoglycemis

* Impotence

* Pneumonia

* Sore Throat

* Swallowing difficulty

* Swollen lymph nodes

* Vaginal discharge

* Varicose veins

Sounds to me that everybody should be taking garlic..

Garlic Remedies For Specific Health Problems:

EAR INFECTIONS:

Add two to four drops of warm ( not hot) liquid garlic extract in ech infected ear. Do not use the same dropper for both ears, as it may spread the infection. This remedy is especially helpful for children

EYE PROBLEMS:

Combine an epaual amount of liquid garlic extract and pure water in an eyedropper and place 2 drops in each eye every four hours, as needed.

FINGER OR TOE FUNGUS:

Place a cotton ball sturated with liquid garlic on the infected areas. Use an adhesive babdage or cotton sock to hold it in place. Change the saturated cotton daily.

HEMORRHIODS:

Insert liquid garlic into the rectum with a cotton swab, or insert a Kyolic capsule.

HIGH CHOLESTEROL:

Eat 2-4 crushed fresh garlic cloves each day. Add garlic to salads, dressings, or anything else you like- but don't eat it alone as it may irritate the stomach lining. Or take 4-6 capsules of garlic extract daily for two months, then four daily thereafter.

MOSQUITO REPELLENT:

Take 4 capsules of garlic extract with vitamins B1 and B12 one hour before going outside.

MOUTH SORES:

Place 1 tsp of liquid garlic in your mouth, swish it around, then hold it for a few minutes before swallowing. For added healing, mix one apsule or 4 drops of goldenseal herbal extract to the liquid garlic.

VAGINAL YEAST INFECTIONS:

Douch with a solution of 1 tablespoon of liquid garlic in a quart of warm water.

FOR PETS:

Place two drops of liquid garlic extract in the ears fro ear mites.

Hope this can help someone...:)

[This Message was Edited on 03/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2006]
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Do you just get the liquid garlic extract at the vit. store?? I have never looked for it...

I would like to pick some up to have on hand..Have you ever seen it??
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

we eat lots of garlic here.
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

I LOOOOOOVE it, but when using it in a healthy eating plan I seem to get really sick because of the 'kill off'.
    That said I really must get back into eating it every day.
    I read somewhere the other day that the capsulated garlic doesn't have anywhere near the effect of the raw stuff (I was going to buy the capsules...)

Lisa
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just be sure you can tolerate its blood thinning properties. Many of us have hypercoagulation and the garlic can be helpful but my neighbor took it and she started bleeding under her skin. The garlic should not be taken right before surgery and if you are in an accident, the docs need to know about any med or supplement which thins the blood.

Love, Mikie
  6. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

Hi Sheryld

Knew of a few benefits but not all these listed.

The great thing is it's cheap!

Cheers,
    Sue
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks for adding that info..
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You can say it gets "dirt cheap" if you grow it yourself. It's so easy and grows like a weed.

We took a few of my sprouted cloves from the fridge and potted them in our west window and in less than a mth the shoots are a foot high. It's hardier than any other plant in the house, even our parsley which also grows really easy and quick.

jeanne
  9. SherylD

SherylD Guest

10. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Seems like anytime I try anything to stimulate immune system, I die. Any herx effect?
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have not had a problem with the garlic...I got one that is only 250mg...So I take anywhere form 1-3 capsules a day..I can tell a difference with it..

I would think you could have a problem if you take to much to start with....Just start out slow...work you way up..

Good luck
  12. darude

darude New Member

I took it a lot when I was first sick unfrotunately I too had bleeding under the skin as mentioned in Mikies post.
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

This might be stupid question..but how did you know you had the bleeding??
  14. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Does it matter what form the garlic comes in? I have taken it in both tablet form as well as soft gel capsules. Some are deodorized and some are not. Is there a "best" form??

Obviously you can get it by eating it, too. I do eat garlic, but not THAT much! I like to know exactly how much I am getting.
  15. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Swelling has went down alot...I kind of detoxed something awful on it the first couple of days...Felt like hell but
    now the glands seem to be turning a corner.

I will update as this progresses....
    Thx!
  16. SherylD

SherylD Guest

So glad that something as simple as garlic is helping you!! Keep us posted!!

SherylD