"Speckled" ANA test positive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABCDfamily, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

Does anyone know what a ANA Pattern "Speckled"

ANA SCREEN came back POSITIVE

ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODIES came back.
    1:320

These are a friend of mines not mine.

2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Mine is the same as your friend's. Apparently it can indicate some sort of autoimmune disorder going on, but does not specifically tell which one.

I just went through a complete workup for lupus and it was found to be negative, thank goodness. But I have a lot of other abnormal labs and it looks like I may have the very beginnings of liver disease.

Anyhow, don't know what to tell you. A lot of people seem to have the positive ANA.

TerryS
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

speckled usually can indicate mono or reactivated Epstein Barre. Herpes can also show up this way and many sexually transmitted diseases. But at the titers shown, my bet would be mono.

Further tests called double bind studies can be done to rule out connective tissue diseases.

Love Anne
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

speckled usually can indicate mono or reactivated Epstein Barre. Herpes can also show up this way and many sexually transmitted diseases. But at the titers shown, my bet would be mono.

Further tests called double bind studies can be done to rule out connective tissue diseases.

Love Anne
  5. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

mine is 1:80 seeing a new rheumy on friday and going to ask him to run the test again. chow
  6. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

I will pass this on to her and I know she will be greatful. We all know how scary this can be.

Thank you all and I hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry I have been gone for so long, I have suffered from a terrible case of strep throat. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how my body has been responding.