spedding / bed posture?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibolady, Aug 24, 2002.

1. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i just finished reading your posts on how we sleep, side vs back etc. my question is (i am a side sleeper) how to you keep the pillow between your legs all night? every morning i awake and the little pillow is not between my legs, i have to search for it somewhere in the bed!!!

the sore spots you mentioned, inside thigh above knee and neck are surprise, fms tender spots. mine are always flared so i really want to work on this sleep posture. the only thing i can come up with is trying to sleep on my back with the pillow supports and someone tieing me to the bed.

don't know how i missed your other posts, so here is a "welcome" from

warm regards, fibolady
  2. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i just finished reading your posts on how we sleep, side vs back etc. my question is (i am a side sleeper) how to you keep the pillow between your legs all night? every morning i awake and the little pillow is not between my legs, i have to search for it somewhere in the bed!!!

the sore spots you mentioned, inside thigh above knee and neck are surprise, fms tender spots. mine are always flared so i really want to work on this sleep posture. the only thing i can come up with is trying to sleep on my back with the pillow supports and someone tieing me to the bed.

don't know how i missed your other posts, so here is a "welcome" from

warm regards, fibolady
  3. ggks

ggks New Member

Hubby and I sleep with a lot of pillows. Most of the time it is 10 pillows of various shapes and sizes. Sometimes it is difficult to find where he actually is.
    As for the pillow between my knees, I use a 12" square, firm, (stuffed with cotton)pillow from the divan. It does take a little practice when you turn over but you get used to moving the pillow with either your knees or your hands. Sometimes it has really moved out of place and when I awaken my knees and lower back are in a lot of pain. ggks
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Fibrolady, I find the Buckwheat pillow the best, it kind of stays put, and when you turn over, you 'miss' it in your sleep and will reach down and put it where it belongs! I have one that is about 18", and its just the right size.

I have tried every other kind, and this works best.

They do sell the kind that are contoured for the knees, but I like the Buckwheat because it does not get hot, it stays cool.

It does take practice though.

Shalom, Shirl