Speech difficulty

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Dec 19, 2006.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Does anyone out go through on and off speech problems?
    It seems to be happening more often lately and I hate it, it's embarassing and some times I feel people think i may be "high" which is not the case at all.
    Lin
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Lin -
    If you mean speech problems such as fumbling for words or forgetting the point you are trying to make, then YES. I am not sure if that is what you mean.

It had gotten worse for me the past year. I will forget what I was saying or not be able to come up with the right words at all.

Spelling was always my strong point and now I cannot spell the most simple words (probably typos on this page as well). Anyway, not sure if this is what you mean, if it is, then I am with you.

I feel the same way, like they must think I am on too many meds to speak properly.

Hugs
    Kim
  3. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Lin,

Yep, it is embarassing, but I think just part of this illness we all have. Like Kim, I have to search for the right word sometimes. Also, I will start to speak and it is like my mouth isn't working right.

And don't get me start on my memory. I'm not sure if that is related to my medication OR my illness (I think it is the illness) but I am really struggling with short-term memory stuff.

Hang in there :)
    Take care, Tina
  4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I know exactly what you mean. This happens off and on to me too but I notice it's worse when I have a headache. I guess it comes along with FMS.

Sometimes I even forget a question I am asking in mid sentence. Scares my hubby when this happens.

Hugs!
    Carolin
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Speech and memory problems are part of the symptoms.

Viruses cause our bodies to release cytokines. This causes all kinds of brain functioning disruptions, including sleep disturbances. Detoxifying my liver has helped the most with this. Celestial Seasonings makes Detox AM, but there are others. Milk Thistle and Dandelion Root work the best for me.
  6. mrpain

mrpain New Member

This was one of my main reasons I had to retire from my 27 year career. (Along with the pain and fatigue). But to be in the middle of a sentence and not be able to find the simplest word was getting very embarrassing. I was to be promoted but didn't want to come across the way I was becoming..