spell check needed...lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pammy52, Jul 29, 2006.

1. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

I know I read on here earlier about someone being annoyed by grammar mistakes and such.

I used to be the one everyone asked how to spell a word.

I make so many mistakes now and just plain go blank when trying to type, write or spell.
    I look back at what I have written at times and am blown away at all the mistakes.

I too get annoyed but usually more at myself than anyone else.

I think this board should at least have a spell check system so we could feel smarter when we go back and read our posts!!

LOL...Pammy
  2. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

Haven't we all mentioned that most of us have fibro fog? I was always a good speller but nowadays I'm lucky if I can remember how to spell my own name!!

Don't be annoyed folks...just love us!!!
    ((((HUGS))) Kelly
  3. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

It's one of the ties that bind!!

Or is that won of the tyes that byend!!

Ha ha ha.........
  4. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I was never a good speller, but now I can blame it on fibro fog. Denamy
  5. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

Download the Google tool-bar. The is an ABC check.

MINE IS NOT WORKING AS IT USE TO AFTER DOWNLOADING THE NEWEST VERSION.

I have e-mailed this to Google and the reply, but we still have to work on the problem.

I am going to have to e-mail them back till we get it right.

Love and hugs,

AbbeyMae[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I look over my spelling and most of the time it is so bad!!! I really blame my typing.

If hubby is in here at desk, i ask how to spell. Mine just goes blank.

Join the crowd of "foggers".

Luv to all,

Joan
  7. TAM

TAM New Member

I agree Pammy a spell check would be nice,

I also don't spell as well as i used to i don't think as well either for that matter.

But people shouldn't get upset over words spelled wrong, if i'm going to get upset and annoyed i want it to be for a good reason not something silly like a grammer mistake.

However i do wish we had a spell check! LOL

Take care, have a wonderful weekend Tammy
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It works well here.Just rt click the address is
    IEspell.com/download Linda
  9. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

my husband is the WORST speller in the world! I used to get so tired of him asking me how to spell words.

Yep, the tides have changed, I have to ask HIM!!!!!!!!! He teases me all the time.
  10. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

responses to this post!!

I wasn't really looking for any....just wanted to put the thought out there that no one here should feel badly about making errors when posting here.

I didn't take the post that I was referring to as a slam against our posters here.

It just made me realize that sometimes I spend too much time correcting my posts for grammar when it is hard enough just making a reply to someone or posting a question.

Thought processes and cognitive issues are definitely impacted by our fatigue and such and this is the one place we should all feel comfortable and supported while we are learning to live with these illnesses.

Abbey and Linda..thanks for your input on accessing spellchecker for here.
    I will try it but honestly I am not sure if I can process how to make it work with this board.

For word documents and emails I do use it but for here...I would like to know I can be accepted whether I am having a clear headed day..or a foggy, forgetful, frustrated day.

Hugs, Pammy

11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I missed the thread that complained about spelling and grammar. I'm glad I did.

It is so hard now to write things or even talk now at certain times. I have started to answer so many post and have just given up and started reading what others have written because I get so frustrated.

If I did not use the Google spell check, I would be ashamed to post. Sometimes when I have spelled the word incorrectly Spellcheck can't even understand what I am trying to say. It also does not catch the words that are spelled correctly but are the wrong words. LOL. I am amazed how many errors that I do make when Google shows the errors. It just emphasizes how much I have changed.

It takes me so long to write a post now that it causes stress. I use to be articulate and a good speller. I could also read. But that was a few years ago....

[ advertisement ]