Spent Monday night in the hospital

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, May 4, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I like many of you suffer from awful chest pain.
    This pain can last for hours and even days. It hits me almost every day to some degree.
    I have chostochondritis but the pain I went to the ER for is different than muscle ache.
    I get deep aching around my heart and sharp pains, I had pain in my left arm and it was hot and swollen. I felt a bit dizzy and queasy and I was dripping cold sweat and shivering. After a few doses of nitroglycerin and fast acting BP meds (BP was I think, around 220/120 and higher and I was what they called tachycardiac (fast heart rate)
    and I was given oxygen. I was admitted overnight.
    I was told I had a heart murmur and leaky valve. I already knew this....I had a stress test and alot of testing last year and was told I shouldn't worry! Now I am told that my tests last year weren't ruled normal (due to large breast shadow) and I really should have an angiogram.
    This is frustrating......at what point is a leaky valve trouble????? Why did the nitro help???? My cardiac enzymes were fine. Under the left breast IS where my worst pain is and the cardiologist last year (which is in the same office as the cardiologist I saw at the hospital!!!!! They are partners) was so ready to dismiss everything but I was told I was high stroke risk and started BP meds.
    I really does take something bad to happen for women to get listened to when it come to heart issues. We are different from men! Last year a woman my age (I knew her too) collapsed in Publix and died after seeing these docs.
    We must get docs to listen and not attribute all aches to our fibromyalgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

about that...but we have to remember not to dismiss it as the fibro or our own back problems and ect....i did that my self and it turned out i had shingles on my butt...

follow thru w/your dr's....

and if you want to get more info mayoclinic.com mya help some of your answers..

jodie
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I am so sorry! I hope you are feeeling better now. Did they give you a prescription for nitro or blood pressure meds? That is so scary. I will pray for you to find some answers and feel better soon.

Julie
  4. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Thanks to you Jodieplace and Jewel (hi Jewel, I remember you, we are very similar!)
    I have been on Avapro for about 4-5 months now. They may up my dose. I need to see my doc. My hubby wants me to do the angigram, so I think I may go see the cardiologist soon.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have they done either of these two tests on you yet.

Myoview stress test-takes five hours, non invasive except for small IV. It shows a great deal about how your heart is functioning without angigram.

TEE-trans esophageal echo cardiogram-again, this shows a lot and although you need Vesid to knock you out for a little while (as in any endoscopy) it shows a great deal.

I would suggest either of those tests or both prior to signing up for angiogram.

Feel better. You must have beenscared. Love and hugs Anne C
  6. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Haven't had those 2 test, but I will ask about them.
  7. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I am going to insist I get more answers. I appreciate your support. I think I have great insurance (United Healthcare). With my high BP and stroke risk the hospital wasn't taking chances, which is good and here (central FL) chest pain/cardiac care are highest priority. I won't stop until I have satisfactory answers.....women have to push way harder to get listened to and I hope I am on the right track.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]