Spent the day in hospital, they wont do anything!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Apr 26, 2003.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

I woke up this morning & my pulse was only going about 40 bpm. It felt like it was stopping & starting :(
    When I would stand it would momentarily get worse & then my pulse would 'take off', making me feel even worse.
    On lying down again it would mometarily go really slow, skip a beat or two & then back to normal, or too fast.
    Also I am feeling ALOT of skipped beats, especially on laying down :(
    At 41 weeks pregnant this has me REALLY concerned, if I walk around I am either semi okay, or really dizzy & faint :( If I am laying down I can feel exactly the same. My chest is so tight & it really hurts :(
    This has been happening for ages, but seems to be getting worse. If I take a short walk, my pulse stays racing for hours afterwards.
    Whilst in the hospital & laying down the entire time my pulse was racing anywhere up to 100bpm, & then dropping right down. But are they concerned??? NO, did they do an ECG or EKG??? NO.
    My BP on admission was 107/72, so it seems because that was normal that they don't care.
    The docs keep dismissing me & sending me home, saying that it will all be better once the baby is here. How the heck am I going to birth a baby when I can't even stand up & my pulse is still going nuts when I am laying down?????
    I STILL have a horrid 'band' sensation around the top of my left arm, trouble breathing & bad pain in the neck & shoulders.
    I am honestly at the end of my teether, & exhausted.
    I have jumped up & down at them as much as I can & it was obvious that this episode had nothing to do with anxiety, as I was really calm, (my Mum even commented on how calm I am) & slept on & off the whole time I was in there.
    I live rural, I can't go to another hospital, so any words of wisdom???? I am really worried.

Lease
  2. leokat

leokat New Member

I really don't know what to advise. This is going to sound really daft but please try not to worry. It honestly won't help any. So come on deep breaths - I'm here doing them with you. :-} In and out. In through the nose - hold it - out S L O W L Y.

Is your mum there with you? If not it would help to have someone around - you baby's father maybe.

You may have already said (sorry but its a bit early on a Sunday morning here in the UK) but do you have FMS/cfs?

I has a really awful time having my daughter - I had cfs at the time I now also have FMS. If it's any consolation I got through it and now have a healthy 18 year old.

You will get thrugh this - honestly and think soon you'll get to see your baby.

leo
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Good Morning,
    How are you now? I cannot relate, but am concerned. Is this your 1st Baby? And, Yes- It would be good to have someone with you, your Mum, or the Father, or someone you feel comfortable with, OK?
    Do you have FM?... FM/CFS? Get back to us, OK?

It will be good now NOT to focus on your heartbeat. I say it again. NO PULSE TAKING !!!!

Divert your attention to a past-time: cross-stitch, any needle work, reading, writing thank-you notes or catching up on correspondence, YOU NAME IT ! Have Friends Over, and ask Them to bring the Tea and Cookies !

We will be here for You if you have any more Q's--in the States it is in the wee hours, so many are hopefully sleeping...but should be up soon.
    God Bless you, Hon !

Love,
    Fibromiester
  4. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I still think that when you go into labor you will be fine. A whole different "program" takes over, giving you what you need for the task.
    Take care, and relax.
    Madelyn
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

This is baby number 4 for me, & thankfully I have a wonderful & understanding dh to help me through all this.
    I started feeling REALLY bad not long after I got home, so I ended up in the local A & E
    I told the doc how I was feeling & that I just wanted to make sure that everything was okay with my heart, so they did an EKG, which came up totally normal & the doc listened to my heart for a while & said that it sounded great.
    I still feel hiddeous, but that deffinately made me feel a little better about everything.
    Thanks again,

Lease
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

allowed to go another 2 days & they are inducing. I actually have an appointment to see my doctor later today to plan it all.
    As for the amniotic fluid, I have been told that I have 'plenty' if that means anything??? Also the docs think that this baby is going to be little, but I've never had a baby under 8lb & considering this little one has its head in my pelvis as low as it can get & its butt wedged under my ribs I don't think it's gonna be that little ;)
    Sorry to hear that your daughter is suffering too :( This is DEFFINATELY NOT normal :( This is my fourth baby & I've never been anything like this :(

Lease
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Wow, do I wish I could help you! I have never heard of all that you are going through before.

I had three children, all small, no problems. Hopefully this one is SMALL, its a whole lot easier as I have been told by those who had the 8lb ones.

Will be keeping good thoughts for you, and prayers too. Just try to keep calm, and rest! It will be over soon.

Do keep us updated on how you are doing.

Blessings going your way.............

Shalom, Shirl

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My prayers are with you. Please keep in touch to let us know how you are doing.

Love, Mikie
  9. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I have nothing to offer besides the best of wishes. I hope you have an easy time of delivery and that you are feeling much better soon.
    Best wishes,
    Lanie
  10. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I am praying for you and baby too.
    Just more of my own experience for you. Baby #5 was the pregnancy when I was horrendously ill, in some ways like you are . Baby # 6 was a dream. I was almost completely normal, throughout pregnancy, delivery, and for two more years!
    Each pregnancy with this DD can be quite unique!
    Madelyn