spent the evening with my dysfunctional family....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachbunnee, Dec 24, 2005.

1. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

Now I'm ready to crawl in a hole until next year.

Why is it some relatives can ruin a perfectly beautiful holiday? :(

Feeling down....

peach
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

The little bunnies are so cute! Do you raise them?

I know the feeling . . I am very quietly GLAD that Christmas ends and it's over with for a whole year. The holiday time is never really beautiful for me, and I have some depression when it's here.

Know you aren't alone my friend!

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

nope - I don't raise bunnies - just think they are soooooo cute.

Hence my screen name - peachbunnee. Peach is my favorite color, scent and flavor - bunnies are just so cute. :)

~peach
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Yes, I know what you mean! Hang in there its almost over.
    Take care.
  5. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

Wow! Peach is my absolute favorite color and smell, too! I am even a native Georgia peach!!
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Do you want to switch dysfunctional famlies next year?

Mine is my brother and his wife and they only live 10 miles from me and I just couldn't wait to get out of their last night and today. I've already managed to wiggle out of New Year's Eve and I'm hoping to be able to do it New Year's Day too.

I also get very depressed during the holidays. Other than my brother, I have no family. I always feel so very lonely during the holidays. No significant other and everyone wants to know why. Because I haven't met him YET is my best guess.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for Groundhog Day. Holidays will be over, mid winter slump will be over and we'll be able to see Spring on it's way.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  7. kalaya

kalaya New Member

Sometimes the reason they can ruin holidays is because they are socialy retarded and then you are stuck in the middle.Don't know what the circumstances were that made things needlessly unpleasant.Were there any good moments or even micro moments with even one relative that has the good sense to respect your physical limitations and has compassion for you?I wish that something uniquely special will come this week to make up for the bummer christmas.God bless.
  8. mlhuling

mlhuling New Member

I hear you loud and clear. This is my first time here. Aside from my 19-year-old daughter, no one in my family understands anything! My "Husband" who has been living with another woman (adulterer) just had to stop by today and say hurtful things to make both my daughter and I cry. When we gave it right back to him (neither of us had really stood up to him before), he jumped up and started shouting that we were liars. Needless to say, I opened the door for him to exit through.
  9. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

Its almost midnight and I haven't heard from any of my siblings. Although it does kind of hurt I know its better this way. I have one brother that likes to put me down, another
    brother that has severe bi-polar and thinks the world rotates around him and a sister that I used to feel close to that now does meth. What a mess. I guess I should count my blessings that they didn't ruin another holiday for me.
    Had a nice day with my kids and their familys. I thank God for my kids being close to me.
    Sometimes you just have to stay away from each other, sad as it sounds.
    cindy
  10. 8bears

8bears New Member

Hello, How well I know how it goes, I just spent the day with my Mother and Brothers and one Sister, the only reason I went was my twin brother invited us when no one else would, I stood up to my controlling Mother about two years back and that was a big NO,NO. anyway we made it and it was not all that bad, when I started talking to them they at least answered. Glad it is OVER!
    8bears
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

AN alcoholic, dysfunctional family. Long Distance therapy works best for me.
  12. sdown

sdown New Member

To foggedup: Very funny about the fun in dysfunctional. Best laugh Ive had all day!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/01/2006]
  13. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I'm thinking along the same lines as tigger. Maybe we could organize a "family swap" for the holidays next year??!!?? That way none of us would have to be subjected to the annual stress.

Whaddayathink?? :) :)

Mar
  14. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Ok, now my family = no fun, almost no comfort level. much rather be alone or with friends of my choice.

any holiday is good that I can get out of bed (if I want to) & I'm not facing surgery.

sending holiday cards is far less painful than spending time in person.

best thoughts to all
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

when i went to my group meetings for depression...

we are not the only ones...it affects are all families...

rich or poor.... it think we hear more about the families who live in apartments more so...because of the close quarters to everyone...the police seem to me get more phone calls from neighbors because they hear the yelling...than the people who live in live in single fmily dewellings....

but we are not alone, young and the old....

we can only try to break the cycle to make ourselves feel better and not have guilt of hurting others...

do what is best for you.....

i am not going to go out shopping next year much at all....i will be getting gift cards or writing out checks...saves on money shipping envelops opposed to boxes...less standing in lines for me and dealling with rude people....

if they are not here in california with me they will be getting a card from me and children under 18 will get a little card or a check, period..i am learning my limitations..

i will not try to fool myself that i can stand in a kitchen anymore and bake all day...that is in the past for me...

i like the archway brand cookies and that will be good enough.....

then as far as family i really only have problems with my parents more so my father...and they are over 2500 miles away..they consider me dead now as of may or june of this year...i am sorry they are in denial of the molestation by my father...but i did no wrong and i was only 12 years old of the most recent attempt so to heck with them.

i will work on me onl and my son....

sorry to ramble on but wanted to share if you go to a group meeting around the holidays you would be suprised how you are not alone...and heck maybe it would make you feel better that you are not in the particulr situation as them..but we all hurt the same...but we need to do what is best for us and our needs.

jodie
  16. libra55

libra55 New Member

I know it's after Christmas but just catching up on posts and saw this one. Christmas Eve my oldest daughter went off on me (she's mildly autistic and mentally ill so I usually consider the source) but I was just feeling sensitive and it really upset me. then Christmas Day they all ate their fill, burped and left the table. I just spent all day cooking the food, and now had to wash the dishes too. Not even a thank you, nice meal, and no thank you for any of the presents. They are just so narcissitic and selfish.

This year (2006) Christmas will be different, and the other holidays too. I hope it is better for all of us.

Michelle