Spesific Exercises for FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by unicornlvr, Nov 21, 2002.

1. unicornlvr

unicornlvr New Member

Can anyone give me some specific videos or Exercise list for People with Fibromyalgia. I know certain stretching exercise are good but need to know what ones to do.
    Thank you
  2. unicornlvr

unicornlvr New Member

Can anyone give me some specific videos or Exercise list for People with Fibromyalgia. I know certain stretching exercise are good but need to know what ones to do.
    Thank you
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Can't help with the video for Fibro, but I am sure someone here will be able to direct you in the right direction for one.

Just stopped to welcome you, and hope you post often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. unicornlvr

unicornlvr New Member

Thank you Shirley
    Gayle
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

have you tried a search yet. i do stretches everyday but would hate to try and explain many of them uncase you misread them and then did more damage. on the floor, i use a matt this helps.

just pulling your bend knee up off the floor a tad, do them slowly and if it hurts stop, one at at time. do NOT do any stretches with your legs straight out. this will eventually cause hip pain. i had been doing these "legs straight out" lifts for years and had terrible hip pain. after i stopped, the hip pain subsidded greatly. read spedding's post on fibromylagia.

when you bend your knee and raise it your leg up a bit, you can feel the stomach muscles pull.

while laying on your back, raise your arms over your head and back to the floor. raise your arms from stretched to the side crisscross and back. turn your head slowly to one side and then to the other. just as far as feels comfortable.

also, lay on your stomach and slowly pull your arms up off the matt, not very far. this helps with the muscles of the neck and back. raise the legs a tad.

these are just a few, oh yes just sit indian style, breath
    in, pull your arms over your head, if you can, in a heart shape, lower and breath out, very relaxing.

stretching is the one of the best parts of my day.

there are many books on stretching, how about a visit to the book store and just browse.

warm regards, fibolady
  6. majic

majic New Member

they are some great exercise in the libary on the board. i use them.they are the ones that was given to a old member husbund after heart surgery. you can find it in the libary on this site and print them out.i think i put in stretching exercise or just plain exercise. can't remember now. if you can't find them. i'm sure jaimy could help you find them. she is great with the search stuff. when i first started with them i was really funny. so remember laughter helps the pain go away. hopr this helps.majic
  7. Ness

Ness New Member

Welcome....I have recently purchased a video called
    Yoga for Aches and Pains..it is designed for those who live with chronic pain.....it is Wonderful and easy to follow...broken up in 3 15 min sections..they do not sell it in stores...I ordered it from a company online...Collage Videos...it was 12.99 and with shipping came to almost 18.00.

I hope this will help you.....Yoga and deep breathing has really helped me lately.....

Peace
    Ness
  8. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

The artrtis foundation has films on exercise that is good for fibro and arthtis.LindaGa
  9. fifty1ford

fifty1ford New Member

Greetings,

Tai Chi is the perfect exercise for muscle tone, stress reduction and mind relaxation. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It does wonders for my circulation as well. All it takes is about 15-30 minutes a day of practice. I would also look into Qi Gong. I hope this helps.

Peace,
    fifty1ford