Spin-off on " Ask yourself this question"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kacjac, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Rain had a good idea for a post, and I was going to reply...
    But so many of you are wishing you could do what I do everyday, making me realize how grateful I should be, that I can still do many things, it made me sad, and I wish I could make all those dreams and wishes come true for each and every one of you (((((hugs)))))!
    With that said, lets make a list of what we still take pleasure in being able to do.
    1. Still go to church,(but not often enough)
    2. Still go shopping at the mall & Walmart ( but sometimes I need help)
    3. Still cook big meals ( but not often as I used too, not it knocks my socks off) ( look for easy & quick)
    4. Still make love ( but not often enough) thats "not" according to me... LOL
    5. Still go to movies
    6. Still plant flowers( but only in pots) ( can't get down on ground) :(
    7. Still mow grass ( but only for 10 minutes)
    8. Still work out at gym, and swim ( but not often) plus, I'm done in for the rest of the day)
    9. Still love to decorate ( for awhile)
    10. Still do laundry ( but tried to help the housekeeper tonight, and it put me in my chair with heating pad to lower back!)
    I try to still keep keeping on.....
    Gentle hugs, love and understanding to all who can't still do.....
    Love, Karen

P.S. I did go and reply to Rains post too! :)[This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  2. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Im curious about your activities during the day.....
    Some days I just sit.....
    But Im becoming more grateful for what I can still do....
    You????? :)
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I think that we forget the little things that we can do because so much of our DD keeps us wondering when it will be over. I like to read things with encouragment.!! THANKS!!

PIRT
  4. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Pirtpain....You welcome honey, yes we need positive reinforcement don't we? :)
    Hanginginthere.....WOW...... What an absoulutely wonderful post you wrote!
    You even made "me" feel better....my hats off to ya....
    Thanks for the reminder's!
    hugz, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2006]
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

I am thankful for all by blessings, which are many. At my weakest I was still able to work a very physical job ... not as many days, nor were they pleasant ... all that pain, etc., but still, I was able to go.

I am thankful for:

My remission

Able to work long hours doing what I love and feel good while doing it.

I am thankful for not needing my sleep meds anymore ... hope to continue to use less and less pain/EDS meds.

Thankful for my bio-id CFS/FMS hormone related doc who has made this last push possible.

Thankful for the members here who have made my treatment plan (for the most part) possible.

Thankful I can walk my dogs every night.

Thankful most of all for the knowledge and strength to handle things if my remission slips ....

Thankful for so much .... I could go on and on.

Thanks for starting a thread that reminded me to count my blessings. I read a post earlier giving a member encouragement ... I could not have said things better.

Her message was ... "Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up."

I thought it was wonderful!

Elsa
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

But most days I can walk, drive a car, type, heat up food and take care of personal needs.

What I can do best is give my son, friends, relatives the benefit of my 65 years of wisdom and experience.

Nobody, of course, has requested any advice, but it could happen.

Couldn't it?
  7. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

That is so wonderful, that you "would" give you 65 years worth of knowledge, we should share our wisdom, some may not ask or want it, but we should always give it freely!
    You know, now that Im thinking about, I wish I would have ask my Mom more questions, and listened and learned more of what she did tell and teach me!
    Hugz, Karen
  8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But you are right..it does get lost in the "what I can't do" pile!

I can cook dinner almost every night for my husband...I feel that if that is the only thing I manage..at least he gets fed after working hard all day.

I can still paint on canvas, which I love to do.

I can have friendships...but they have changed and there are less of them.But those I have are wonderful.

I can still enjoy the feeling of sun on my face...

I love seeing the full moon on a clear night.

Beauty in the world is still appreciated..pain or not.

I am still here to see my children be adults and start families..and spend time with my grandson..who is my JOY!

My pain and fatigue interferes on a daily basis with what my life is..or used to be...so I am trying to figure out how to find joy now.....
  9. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Bumping for my sweet friends....
  10. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

1.) Can sit still on my big bed & read w/ my son @ night

2.) Still cook some meals, although not as "Martha-esque" as before, still good and healthy

3.) Still do some mall shopping, although may not make it all the way around :) Does save some $$ that way!

4.) Still working- but it is the trade off.

5.) Still make love- but not in as many "positions" as before- LOL!

6.) I get to spend more time at home with my family, and maybe that was God's plan!

7.) I cherish every day, whether in pain or not, because it's all I've got to deal with

8.) I can still smile without pain- and when I see pictures of the woman with the face transplant, or Mary Jo Buttifucco, I know how precious that one thing is!

9.) Still attend church- but not often enough.

10.) Still push myself too hard some days doing laundry, gardening, cleaning closets (have housekeepers for the rest), or faux painting, but I just wouldn't be "me" if I didn't once in awhile!!

God Bless y'all!