Spinal decompression Therapy System

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by GigglePoet, Aug 31, 2007.

1. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Has anyone with Neck problems tried of been helped by use of what is called a Spinal decompression Table. It puts you into traction and gently pulls the disks apart. I have talked to someone who had broken back and many other problems who was greatly helped by use of one as were many others he has seen come and go with these. They are very big contraptions. I guess the Chriropratic office he worked for had three of these running full time as so many people were getting good results. The man who gave me his testimony on this type of treatment is now in Chriopractic college. I wanted to see what you guys know here about it.

God bless
    Gigglepoet
  2. SuzieCat

SuzieCat New Member

I have been seeing a Chiropractor for the last week, and am having the decompression now. I do it 3 times a week, and so far it has helped my neck, but my doc says I will have to be there 3 days a week, for 8 weeks. I have noticed that my back pain has increased though. He says that is common, since I am just eginning, but that it should get better. Take care

Hugs,
    Suzie
  3. miselfni

miselfni New Member

I went through a six week regiment using a decompression table with my chiropractor about 2-3 months ago. Mine was for sacroiliitis in my lower back. It helped some by the 3rd or 4th week, but after I completed it, I had some severe (unrelated) muscle knots/cramping in my leg and couldn't keep up with the exercises they had me do at home. It hurt some while they during the treatment, but was almost a 'good' pain because you could feel it relieving some of the pressure. My problem is that the longer I go after the treatments have been completed, the more I start hurting again, so in my case it didn't fix it, just eased it for awhile..and might have been better if I could have kept up with the exercises.
  4. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hey friends~
    Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it! It seems as though any treatment you have takes a good 20 treatments doesn't it. Boy am I tired! I have been going 2-3 times a week since last October..Its been a long long year.

Warm Hugs and God bless
    GigglePoet
  5. thanes1

thanes1 Member

How did it go for you, gigglepoet? (love your username btw lol) I am considering the same treatment but am a bit intimidated by the price tag... still I would sell my house to make this pain go away. Did you have any positive results?

thx!
  6. thanes1

thanes1 Member

7. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I have seen a chiro who has a Lorix table in his office, this is spinal decompression, he says my back is not meant for this therapy. so be careful on what you do....

I deal with a narley back and more, but don't want to hurt it more......I have NOT seen gigglepoet here for a long while. I've known too many with messy back surgeries and would NEVER do one. Prolotherapy can help, depending on the issue....a Prolo consult would be in order to check it out. jam