Spinal pain-Help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by epicurean, Jan 6, 2003.

1. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Has anyone here ever suffered with spinal pain??It is occuring in the area of my spine where the coccyx meets the lumbar spine.Have had x-rays,MRI'S,and full body bone scan, all of which were of course neg.!!! Could be from a nerve-most likley??I am taking Neurontin,zanaflex, and Vicoprofen-with no relief in sight.
    go to Dr. again on thursday-it has been constant pain for days.Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what if anything helped.
    thanks for your input!!
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I've been in a flare the last few days and that is my biggest complaint!!!I'd say the area about 3 inches above your tailbone.That spot also somewhat feels numb,but yet painful.Sometimes when I stand from a sitting position...or bend,it catches or pinches and its hell!!!Its even effecting my walk,my legs feel the pain from my spine.(going down the back of the legs to the calves).I have had sciatica before,so I believe its that again.???not sure. I feel for you!!It hurts and it seems I'm able to do nothing around this house!!Just rest~ and as far as pain meds,all I have on me is a few darvecet and plenty of ultacet....neither one is helping~
    The only thing that helps a little is a heating pad. I made a Drs appointment for tomorrow at 10 am. Hope your feeling better and we get some answers and relief!!!
    Love,
    Tracey
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I live with low back pain every single day of my life. I hate to say it but for me I have found no relief. Using my heating pad is about as much relief as I get. Which is not much... I know your flusteration with negative tests. Me too.. Try to rest on your side as much as possible with your leg propped up to keep pressure off your spine if it's possible.

Wish i could be of more help.
    Best of luck on Thursday.
    Joannie
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

See what happens thursday-who knows,maybe I'll find something that can help us!!
  5. oceans

oceans New Member

I'd say the area about 3 inches above your tailbone.That spot also somewhat feels numb,but yet painful.Sometimes when I stand from a sitting position...or bend,it catches or pinches and its hell!!!Its even effecting my walk,my legs feel the pain from my spine.(going down the back of the legs to the calves)

~

that is almost exactly the kind of pain i've been dealing with for 5 years. that's where it started, and then spread from there. it's spread to my legs, and knees & feet. i can't sit or stand for too long at a time. there is also the ache and chronic pain we all feel from FMS in the rest of my back now, which started to spread about 2 years ago.