Spinal Stenosis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Feb 7, 2007.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Those of you who have spinal stenosis, how do you deal with it.

Fibro,Sojogrens,Rhem.arthritis and now this spinal thing is hitting home in a bad way.

Our gas logs were causing soot so I got down and rolled around on the brick hearth with my head in the fireplace and cleaned.

An hour later I was in screaming pain with my feet and toes. It felt like my toes were "in" fire. My feet were hurting as bad but not burning.

Today the only way I could sit was with my feet on a soft pillow. The bottoms of my feet feel like they are severely stone bruised. Couldn't walk bare foot or with shoes.

Doing better tonight but I was wondering about the stenosis
    and if any of you had any suggestions on how to deal with it. Too much of last night would would put me in a nut house real quick.

Wren.

2. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I'm not in any kind of therapy right now but expect there will be coming up.

I hate Dr appts worse than anything.

The stenosis and neuopathy has been getting worse in he last few months.

I just know when the treatments starts that it's a constant thing, taking most of a day and coming home in pain.

Yet my common sense tells me that I have to do something.

My Rheumy has been tryng to get me in water therapy for yrs.

I've read a lot on here that it dosen't help all that much so have been dragging my feet on it. Partly because that before my last back surgery and spinal fusion in 1987 I had to do therapy and found out later[after surgery] that what they were doing could have paralyzed me.

I've have been doing exercises in bed to help stretch my spine and muscles. This per doctors instructions.

Several bad disks and walking on egg shells wondering which one is next to go completely and when. SO have a lot going on with my body right now and I feel fear.

I am so tired of pain.

Wren