Spine pain??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jole, Jan 21, 2007.

1. jole

jole Member

I have been in a flare for weeks now, with just one "good" day in between. My pain is in my head, neck, across the shoulders and down the cervical and thoracic spine. It is so bad I honestly thought it must be cancer of the spine - then I had one good day...Lol.

Does anyone else have the severe pain in their spine and on both sides adjacent to it? Along with all the rest, it is really getting depressing.

Thanks -Jole
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

They can also live in the spleen.
    Do you know what viruses you have? Viruses breathe sugar. Try Stevia as an herbal sweetener.

Olive Leaf extract is great for inhibiting a large number of viruses. Curcurimin (Tumeric) works on Epstein-Barr.

Heat kills lots of viruses. Try a heating pad or heat lamp.

Systemic Enzymes dissolve the isoprin coating on certain viruses. Take 5~10 caps/day on an empty stomach. Virastop and Vitalzym are real antivirus winners.
  3. crillee

crillee New Member

this is often my worst pain....all the muscles on either side of my spine get so tight and hurt so badly I want to cry at times....it will be bad for awhile, then go away and then come back again. I often attribute it to not moving enough, or when I know my pillow needs to be replaced. I do find the dvd "Yoga for aches and pains" to really help with this. Also a little time with my heating pad.

Feel better soon!
  4. jole

jole Member

No, I don't know what viruses I have. I also don't know how to go about finding out. But I will try your suggestions. You may be right about it being a virus though, because it certainly wasn't my primary source of pain, and just started after 4 years of this DD. thank you for your suggestions.!
  5. jole

jole Member

I don't think it has to do with not moving enough, but I may be wrong. I'm sorry to hear you have it too. It just hurts to move, and there is no way to get comfortable. My pillow is fine, so that's not it.

I do use an electric blanket, but maybe I'll try lying on a heating pad to see if that helps. thanks! I also have osteoporosis and wonder if that has something to do with it....
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My spine is hurting a lot these days I seem to be having a flare of late.

I think lying on your tummy with a pillow under your hips then try and arch a little by lifting the head back so the lordosis is tretched can help. In fact I just said to my dh today how scary this pain is. Plus it gets into my legs too.

Heat baths with Epsom salts can help. Also those disposable heat patches.

Love Annie cromwell
  7. I have had the same thing for a month myself. I could have written your post. Pain in the neck , right in the spine part, the muscles on the sides of the neck, horrible headaches everyday and shoulder pain. I thought it was stress but the dr. said he thought it was from fibromyalga muscle spasms. I have tried moist heat pads, a rice hot pk on my neck/shoulders, advil, pain pills, so far nothing helps. If you figure it out, let me know. I don't sleep well, as I hurt too much also. I hear you, its getting me depressed to and I can't think straight with the headache and neck pain.
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

there are tiny muscles all along your spine that make it feel like it is your spine itself this is one of the pains that keeps me in bed all the time it is from chronic myofascial pain you can try a tennis ball on the wall along your spine to release it DONT OVER DO IT OR YOU WILL FEEL WORSE! there is a book called trigger point release therapy that you could benifit from they sell it on line or at book stores good luck charlene
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Mine started in my lower back several years ago & ice is my answer for that.

Then recently after coming off a horse; hitting flat on my middle back, I have that inflammation as well. Again, ice works the best, and I have this roller tool the chiropractor gave me. It acts like a massage & that helps alot.

Not sitting in once place for more than an hour; getting a better computer chair that keeps my back well supported; a few exercises (I rarely do) from the P,T. guy; not lifting anything & watching the way you bend.

Heat aggravates mine.

Yes, this inflammatory condition we have travels all around our body. For me, never a pain-free day, but I can't tolerate pain meds.

Good luck in finding a solution for yours.

HEALING LIGHT***************** carole
  10. jole

jole Member

Mustluvdogs -
    Yes, I do have the burning in the spine also, and heat/massage seems to help mine. Thanks for the smile:) - I can see it packing up and moving on!!

Cromwell -
    Will try the lying on the tummy trick - Thanks!. I use the heat patches - they are by best friend!!

Fibrobutterfly -
    Sorry you understand all too well. Yes, it does get depressing. And my energy level is way down too. It seems on these days I do nothing at all.

Charlenef and caroleye -
    I have a Homedic massage "chair" with rollers that run up and down my back. It helps a LOT with loosening up the muscles, but it never seems to last more than an hour before they're all tightened up again. And I can't use ice. that will really tighten my muscles up. but heat seems to help. It's just that I don't get anything else done all day except sit in my chair or lie in bed. I feel so worthless on these days, which are more and more often.

Thanks all for your responses. Love you all for understanding!!
  11. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you can do it up to 10x a day until it stays loose just a thought for you charlene
  12. hayley1712

hayley1712 New Member

hi i get the same back pains in my neck down my spine sholders and its worse at night it feels my back has turned into brick,do you get the shakes with your back pain i get it really bad and just wondered if any one has the same or is it not cfs or fib.be grateful if you could reply thanks
  13. donna275

donna275 New Member

and saw this message. What a coincidence!

My pain starts in one spot on the left side of my spine, about halfway between by behind and my neck. When I touch that spot it is sore and tender. The pain comes and goes for no reason. It also has a burning sensation too. That spot pain will travel up or down the same side. A couple of times, I felt it a little bit on my right side. The sore spot does feel like it is on my spine, but someone mentioned that there are little muscles coming from the spine. Maybe that is it.

Does this all sound similar to others?

Oh, when I feel the pain, I get a quesy feeling in my stomach, which maybe my nerves acting up since I am worried and don't know what the pain is from. I do, however, need to talk to myself and let it run its course and hope it will go away like all other symptoms. If I don't do that, I tend to go way overboard in my "what ifs" and make the symptom worse and last longer.

Donna
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  14. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Jole

This is my "killer pain". I could make it without the tramadol if not for this spine pain, however mine is in my lower to mid spinal area. Sometimes I feel that it is moving up and I cringe at the thoughts.

Mine is also at it's very worse for the first 2-3 hours in the morning. Also the longer I sleep, the worse it hurts. It must be from inactivity, or lack of blood flow while I am sleeping. I can't figure it out.

I am going to see a chiropractor. I have been saying this for so long and never make the call. Instead I take 150 mg of tramadol and in an hour or so I feel so much better. I guess that is why I do not call.

In the past, I was told that I have degenerative disc disease, but nothing abnormal for my age. This does not feel like that type of pain. There are no "catches" involved, just burning pain that radiates from my spine out into the muscles of my back and sometimes it feels like to the rest of my body!

I sure hope you get some answers and relief,

Andy
  15. mujuer

mujuer New Member

That is my worst pain so far. My dr. even did a full body bone scan and an mri or my neck and found nothing. Pain med's did nothing and I even went to the e.r. one night.

Primary dr. put me on a strong muscle relaxer and I wanted to kiss her feet. It is the only thing that has helped me at all. When the pain starts now, I take my pill and get in the tub as the hot water relaxes all the spasms instantly and wait for the pill to kick in. I have had to make adjustments with my muscle relaxer and half it during the day but I can now tolerate it during the day without wiping me out. I thought for sure I was dying before.

Hope you find some relief soon.
  16. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

That is where mine started and I had siatica. It is horrible and so uncomfortable. To me its like having restless spine syndrome instead of restless leg syndrom.
    You cant sit still and ya cant move and most positions are really uncomfortable and make you want to get up and walk around for awhile. I have the pain on both sides of my spine in the muscles and tendons. Sometimes if my hubby rubs it its alright but sometimes he cant even touch it cause i go through the roof. Hope ya feel better soon.
    Tam
  17. kel589

kel589 New Member

I am so thankful you brought up this subject.I hade 2 weeks low pain and energy close to normal first break this year.now the past 3 days I am back to my flair.sever back pain, pain burns spasms I feel like I have almost turned to stone.It seems exhausting and depressing I even get angry .The pain some times is more than I can take.I cry and take tramadal flexeral lay on a heating pad then I put my feet on the bottom of the bed and I grab the top of the bed and slowly pull to strech out my spine.my back will make pop and crack noises. I get a little releaf I also roll on tennis balls ask husband and kids for massages.I am so trying to be normal what ever that is .lol Trying to hide my pain and exhaustion .I am doing terrible at.my pain also goes to my hips and legs.Its so upsetting when I am in the middle of cooking dinner or etc Then its like someone unplugs all my energy.I get weak out of breath etc.I never know when it hits.this is so hard to live with.I have thought mabey its cancer but of course the test come back normal.sorry to vent this is a very sore subject.lol and crying too .take care were not alone in are fights.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  18. jole

jole Member

Hayley - Yes, I do get the shakes or "tremors" at times, and feel like I'm 90 years old. As if the pain isn't enough!

Donna- It sounds like you're talking about a tender point? Would make sense that the pain starts there.

Andy - I agree, the tramadol helps, but for me it just takes the edge off. It's amazing how something can hurt sooo bad, yet one day not be there at all:) Feels like something HAS to be broken, at least.

Mujuer - Muscle relaxers haven't helped me yet. Maybe I need to switch to a different kind. Glad you get some relief:)

Tam - Can't say minie feels like sciatica, but darn, it hurts!!

Better days to all of us, and thanks for the replies...
  19. kel589

kel589 New Member

20. hayley1712

hayley1712 New Member

thanks for the support you have all gave id like to ask a few more thing s so i no im not on my own,i keep getting scared i have ms as for my back pain and shakes and when i have the shakes i find it hard to write a messgae on my phone,also at night my back feels as if its a brick and needs cracking all the time the pain i get is not a pain as such but just a really uncomfatable feeling right in the middle of my back leading up to my neck and sholuders and if i tilt my head done i get a pain all the way down my spine,does any know what i mean?and as for the shakes its really getting me down i keep thinking its low blood sugar and try having sugar but it does not help.also my hands are freezing all the time!can anyone relate to this or am i just being a hypercondriac thanks x