Spiritual Gifts

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kingguler, Jun 14, 2004.

1. kingguler

kingguler New Member

I'm just curious to know what everyone's spiritual gift (besides patience LOL) is, and how you discovered it.

I just recently became baptized in the Holy Spirit, and have been trying to discern mine. And I DO have to give praise because I think the only reason I've been able to get through the last three weeks of FM is because of my MUCH improved prayer life.

Hope we can ask this type of question here.

Thanks ahead of time.

Blessings,

Cheri
  2. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Cheri,
    I'm so happy for you:) It was a great experience to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. I felt a tremendous joy and have experience so much of the power of the Holy Spirit in my life.

As far as spiritual gifts are concerned...often God will give them as we walk with him. I think my main gift is mercy toward others. God has also given me discernment of spirits at times, words of knowledge and wisdom and I have felt tremendous power and anointing at times when praying for others (felt God's power and prayed for my brother who was on the verge of yet another nervous breakdown...he didn't have it and then he got so much better that he was able to work for the first time in 15 years...however, he still struggles with mental problems and is not completely free).

Hope this helps:)
    Monkeykat

3. kingguler

kingguler New Member

Thanks so much for your input. I am being blessed more and more every day and am just so excited about discovering how He wants me to serve Him.

Blessings,

Cheri
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Cheri,

If you do a search using the terms "spiritual gifts inventory" you'll find several interactive surveys. Different teachers and denominations have different ways of breaking them down, but overall you'll get some good ideas.

The main teaching I've had is that the gifts listed in Romans are gifts from the Father/creator. Everyone on earth is born with one of these gifts. The gifts in Ephesians are gifts from the Son for the equipping of the church. And the gifts in Corinthians are gifts of the Holy Spirit that are dispensed as needed to edify the church (you don't "have" one of these gifts...more like tools in a toolbox that are handed to you when needed).

Hope this is helpful!

Jan