Spiritual Help needed here.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Cactuslil, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I do need the prayers of the righteous to be upon me and my son. I am in one of the worst depressions of my life and though I must assume (bad word, huh) it too will pass, nevertheless it is no picnic for my son. Clinical depression is beyond the scope of anything that makes sense and of course I've seen a psychiatrist for years and years; however with this syndrome medications are unpredictible.

Pray for me that I get medical approval so I can save my lower mandible; pray for William that he can continue to bare the brunt of jokes thrown at him for his speech articulation disorder and his lack of good coordination. He did not make webelo this year as did the other boys in his group and this is but one more time he is the one held back.

It is hard to pretend not to hurt for him. I just put my arms around him and hug him and tell the truth....I don't know what happened but it is okay, we love each other and our Heavenly Father wants us to succeed. Love CactusLil'
  2. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear CactusLil,

You are very articulant in your writing. I'm very sorry
    to hear that your depression has yet again raised it's ugly
    head. I,m so glad that you know it will pass, but while you
    are going through the dark side of it, it is no fun.
    As for your son, I'm sorry he has been left out of webelo, (I don't know what that is) but I'm sure he is feeling very left out at this time.
    I will pray that the emotional feelings of depression will be lifted. And for your son to have peace as well.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for your loving kindness today and each day. And Lord for your unconditional love.
    I bring to you today our sister CactusLil and her son. Lord
    believing that you can remove this emotional depression.
    Lord I know that you would not want any to suffer, but to
    ask by petition for your Almighty hand to placed on them.
    For her son Lord pour out your spirit to him. Let them
    both feel the presence of THE HOLY SPIRIT. Lord, comfort
    them in the way only you know how.
    Lord, I ask you to forgive me of my sins and remind me
    daily of them, so that I may come to you for prayer.
    I ask all these favors and blessings in Jesus name, Amen
    LadyDi
  3. Jude

Jude New Member

I will be remembering you tonight in my petitions. Will is growing up so fast and one thing that he will always remember is how much his mother loved him.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You know you and Will are always in my prayers. May God lift this burden from you and send you His joy and peace.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Praying for you and Will, Lil. I don't think there can be anything more cruel then some children with the others.

So sorry he missed out on webelo(I am not familiar with this either Lil), but disappointments are always hard for children, no matter what they are.

Will pray for your depression, I was under a severe black cloud with the spider bit, don't know why, but I felt like I was in a deep dark hole, nothing seem to help it untill I just simply gave it to the Lord, and finally it just eased up and I am more or less back to normal.

Many blessings and many prayers going out for you and your precious son.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Billie

Billie New Member

Oh, Cactus Lil', how I can understand the need for spiritual help during a depression. Clinical depression is like nothing else I have ever experienced. The raw emotional pain of it was indescribable. I remember just laying in bed crying and screaming the pain was so great. It is something, that unless you have experienced it you cannot even begin to imagine.

Thank goodness, my husband who is a godly man was there at the time to pray a shield of protection around me. For there was a time when the evil one descended on me and I could definetly feel the evil there wanting me to end it all. It was so powerful, I will never forget it.

So, I understand where you are coming from and am saying prayers right now that God will send the right people in your life at the right time to protect you and keep you safe, as he did for me many times when I was "In the Pit".

I remember so clearly when the dark clouds descended and I also remember so clearly when they lifted. What joy that was. Seeing everything in the brand new light of day.

I pray that your medicines will take effect very soon, and you can begin to make your way to the light again. You are such a special person, please remember that, and know there are others out there who understand. If there is anything else I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

In love,

Billie
  7. selma

selma New Member

How will I pray for you and your son. Very Humbly. You are always there for everyone. Know that we are here for YOU.
    Just a note!! God changes us in many ways and we have to accept that we don't understand the reasons.

I have just said a prayer and will keep on praying.

There have been great men of small stature, overweight, very thin, people with speech impediments,and physically disabled, and mentally challenged. Eg: " I cried because I had no shoes. And then, I saw a man that had no feet."

Big Huggs, Selma

8. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

I am so sorry to hear that Will did not make his rank in the Cub Scouts. Did you try to find out why. It is especially hard for those of us who have boys without fathers to handle these things. I am sorry you are down. Our family has prayer in just a few minutes. We will be sure to pray for you and your family. Hugs, Rose
  9. allhart

allhart New Member

my prayers are always with you and will ,
    prayers that youll get the medical approval you need
    prayers that will can overcome the obstcals in his way

talk to the head of the scouting tell him wills situation they may let him move up with the others,
  10. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Lil, please read "Prayer" dated 11/07. I have and will continue to do so for you, my friend.
    God bless,
    Deena
  11. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

My daughter "ran" into Rose today and asked about me.Tina was surprised and called a while ago to see if I knew what rose was talking about and if she had read any of the stories and poetry I write. And she told her no. I wrote a poem, I think on here entitled My Poem to Jesus and dedicated it to William for helping the Lord find me. It was upbeat ect. and I asked Tina if I could read it to her and she, of course, said no. Merci'
    Well, Rose, I love you and you have held my hand walked with me as I was scared too death, not knowing what to expect and all, as I received my endowments. You taught me to teach to little primary children and the list just goes on....all were not good but that did not matter. Like you used to always say......no one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
    I would like to try to briefly say that every word Mikie said about clinical depression is true..the psychiatrist I see has me on Celexa to "hold my clinical at bay while the meds for situational depression are being used to treat that"; a double whammy as they say.

To any ready this, should you have this come upon you like a thief in the night, run for help. After breaking a "back scratcher", hitting my face then taking a drill bit to my temple I was at my wits end. This very physical illness is a "bugger" if it goes into full bloom and I have post traumatic stress disorder which I try to keep at a low roar.

This provacation came at the hands of my daughter who resides on the west wing. After being tormented by her whild her fried sat in probable amazement and my son asking if we could please go and get out of this ordeal, she asked for us to stay. Remembering who is the father of contention I went to my room, with William, opened up the old Heilpenstein Road Piano which has been sitting in my room, we played. Sang quiteyly....sang several songs I wrote as the chords came. We cried, laughted, prayed, counted our blessings and then we prayed for you, other family and dear Rosee (I live in fear of offending just because she is a dear sister and with my tongue, I'm sure I have offended!).

But thank each of you for your response. I am thankful I lie in S. Texas where the sun shines atleast a couple of ties a week and sometimes even longer. If it didn't I could be in worse troule. I know most of this depression will partially lift. I believe I hit the wall last evening...and I am glad today the bit had been removed when I grabbed at the drill.

My e-mail is PaperbackWriter_101@ msn.com. Right now I need to clean my mailbox or I won't get any mail!! I am sorry that I scared some of you. But like one of you said, you turn your heart and soul to Heavenly Father and Satan does through fever et al. things to our bodies and mind and we need that protection and I thank you once more for helping me get through that night. Love Lil'
  12. Kim

Kim New Member

Almight God, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ and lift up CactusLil. Break the spirit of depression that's binding her. Show her your truth, your authority, and your love. In Jesus name, AMEN
  13. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Dear Heavenly father, please be with lil and her son and help them thru this emotionally hard time. Give them the strength they need. Lord be with us all, in Jesus' name, amen!