Splenda

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sue50, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Just wanted everyone to know that I finally gave up the Splenda habit and I am feeling better, about 30% of the pain is gone.
    Sue
  2. heatherelliott4

heatherelliott4 New Member

I know this doesn't pertain to Splenda but I cut way back on my pop and caffeine and sugar and I could tell a big difference. I drink decaf tea and coffee and use stevia to sweeten and if we go out and I don't have a way to go decaf I will get a sprite or something caffeine free. My pain is not as bad when I stick with this. But I must admit I am drinking a cup of caffine coffee as I type I will pay for it later!!
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I hope more people here will try cutting it out of their diet to see if they feel better. From what I've read, NO ONE should be eating that stuff!!!

How long were you off it before you noticed a difference in how you feel? (((( ))))
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

It's taken me a few days to feel a bit better, but I feel about 50 percent better. I've tried a few things in the last few days, though.

Completely changed my diet. Basically no sugar, mostly protein and veggies with a little fruit and a rice cake if I'm still hungry. All natural foods.

Also my chiropractor got me started on Ultra Inflamex a few days ago, and that could be making a difference. Too many things at once to know for sure.

5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

In answer to your question-it took only 3 days before I felt a difference, not so many headaches and my neck/shoulder pain is much better :)

Dancingstar- you mentioned ultra inflamex- what exactly is that?
  6. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Hi Sue,

Ultra Inflamex is a medical food that my chiropractor put me on. It can also be used for detox. Haven't made up my mind if I want to go that route yet, but it is probably a good idea. The stuff is very pricey, though.

For what it's worth, it's working for me, in combination with everything else that I'm doing. It is made by a company called Metagenics, and you can read about it online.

My stomach was so screwed up for so long, and it is slowly healing. Don't know if it is quitting the Equal or the Ultra Inflamex that is making the difference. Whatever it is, I'm grateful.
  7. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Thanks so much for the info, sounds interesting.