Spontaneous bruising??? HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, May 28, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

I was out with my dau today and my right wrist at the base of my pinkie started to burn. I did NOT hit it, bump it, or injure it in any way. Within 1 hour I had a dark bruise. It hurts badly, when I bend my wrist and to the touch.

A few hours later we were home and I was putting away groceries (having pressed on, b/c that is what we do with this DD). The same wrist, on the other side by the thumb, started burning and now has a bruise. That is 2 bruises on my right wrist at the base of the hand. It is hard to type, to do anything. I did not carry anything with myhand, or hit it, or do anything to have this happen.

The only new thing is my Lyrica, but this is not a side effect I found on any paperwork or website. I do not take NSAIDS (tummy problems) and have no known bleeding problems.

HELP!!

Susie
  2. mainerose

mainerose New Member

i get bruses like that too. some of them are caused by arthitis, my doc told me this, but the bruses sometimes show up where i do not have art. so i do not know when you find out let us know as i am courius too.
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I had the same issue about 15 years ago, a few years before my symptoms became obvious and several years before they became overwhelming.
    Looking back now,I started having sleep problems, uncontrollable headaches and strange cycles of fatigue around the same time. I brought it up to a Dr who said it could be from certain meds, but I wasn't on ANY way back then.

I still don't have any answers but I have thought about how strange it was. It only happened for about 3 months and never again but I still do bruise very easy.

Well anyway, sorry I didn't help much but you're not alone and I would love to see if someone here will have some answers.

Sincerely
    jl
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2006]
  4. dleaning

dleaning New Member

that occurs from time to time for no reason. Same thing, burning, itching, looks purple, and then a bruise appears for no reason what so ever!!! I thought it was a weird thing too! Never mentioned it to my dr because I just assumed it was all part of the picture! Glad that I am not the only one!!! I usually happens on my hands.

Dawn
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2006]
  5. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

I get the same thing from time to time. So does my mom..she has fibro also. She gets it pretty bad...mine aren't so bad, but it is pretty mysterious.
  6. millennia

millennia New Member

My mother is like that (no fibro or cfs), but I could SLAM into something and no bruise. Which is lucky for me, because I often do. Well, I'm talking about visable bruising, my skin feels constantly bruised, hurts to the touch, but no black and blues.
  7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

For something like this, it's best to check with your doctor. Bruising occurs when your blood is too thin or if you are anemic. Your doctor may want to check for anemia and run other tests to make sure it's nothing more serious.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim