?Spouse thinks this is temporary.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cred, Nov 6, 2005.

1. cred

cred New Member

My husband has decided taht I was miss diagnosed because I am not as bad off as gentleman he knows. This guy is 80+ and has multiple health problems. My dh has decided i am only temporarily in pain. How do I encourage him to accept this as a new way of life. My flares and good days are often just days apart. On a bad day I work my 8 hours and come home and sleep 2 hours fix supper clean up and go to bed. On good day i am a typical 38 year old mom and wife. I just never know day to day what will today hold.
    I am sorry this is so long i guess I needed to vent and wonder... how do encourage my dh to accept FM, CFS, and other diagnosis?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

your husband said this is temporary....i want to go to his doctor!

i am almost 41 years come this christmas...i've had it at least since i was 29 years old...maybe sooner when i was pregnant, i've been so tired for so long and just can't remember anything...

i have more bad days and have worse days...i can't remember a good day for years...

i have sensitivities to all kinds of meds and allergic reactions to meds...been in e.r. w/that this year i didn't know what the heck was the problem...

as for your husband understanding i don't know if they really truly will understand ever...some do and some don't. my ex-husband didn't understand calling me a pill popper...plus i was working full=time ad takeing care of our child while he was busy playing the field.

well now he understands he his falling apart and saw something about it on t.v.

take him to doctors or bring home pamplets on it..and take the other suggestions form your replies here all are good.

jdoie
  3. Braingonebad

Braingonebad New Member

This is sort of like going from 30 something to 80 something, isn't it? Ask him how he'd like to wake up and wonder how old he'll be today....

In the past 3 yrs, I've been dx'd with

C spine injury
    Syringomyelia
    possible ms
    fibro

and all the fun little syndromes that tag along - chronic migraine, chronic fatigue, Raynaud's.....<sorry if I left any out>

My family was acting like that too, like this will go away, go back to normal if we just pretend it's not happeneing.

Then they saw Richard Prior <who has ms> and he's really not douing well.

They all left the room. Couldn't even look at the tv, much less me.

I think that really was a wake up call. This is not going anywhere - it's here, it stinks, so get used to it!

I think telling them they weren't going to catch it helped. And sometimes when I feel really mean, I talk about what I want on my tombstone... but we're a kind of morbid bunch, lol!